• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where's Wahab

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Probably.

I read some where that the prosecution has provided more evidence to ICC which was not available before the trial. That may be the reason he is being held back..

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Wahab is a really good ODI bowler and therefore will be missed. The ICC should either ban him or **** off. This having a quite word with the PCB, behind the scene business is rubbish. If he is being treated like this then why is Fart still playing?

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Why is it crap, if there has been new evidence come to light about Riaz during the trial, he shouldn't be near the side imo. Pakistan are taking the right steps and keeping him out of the way till it's all sorted, if this is the reason. The last thing the team needs is more controversy, especially when it appears to be doing quite well at the moment. If it was my team, I wouldn't want any player who has a huge shadow over them playing, till the investigations have been completed.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Why is it crap, if there has been new evidence come to light about Riaz during the trial, he shouldn't be near the side imo. Pakistan are taking the right steps and keeping him out of the way till it's all sorted, if this is the reason. The last thing the team needs is more controversy, especially when it appears to be doing quite well at the moment. If it was my team, I wouldn't want any player who has a huge shadow over them playing, till the investigations have been completed.
As I have said the ICC needs to either ban him or **** off. If there is new evidence then use it and ban him in a court like they did with Butt and co. What they shouldn't do is have a quite word with the PCB to drop Wahab.

Jacknife

International Captain
As I have said the ICC needs to either ban him or **** off. If there is new evidence then use it and ban him in a court like they did with Butt and co. What they shouldn't do is have a quite word with the PCB to drop Wahab.
That's all well and good but you're not taking into account what investigation needs to be done and what extra evidence needs to be collected, it's alright saying ban him or keep out but things are not always as straight forward as that are they.

I'm surprised you say ban him or **** off, isn't it about making sure you pin whatever info you have on him and that may take some time to get right. How do you know what's happened, maybe just maybe the Pakistani board has taken it upon themselves to leave him out and it's not been any quite word as you put it from the ICC that's brought about it. It's all pie in the sky atm we don't know what's going on.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah PCB needs to come out in the open and state why the said player is being kept away.First Kaneria and now Wahab is getting the same treatment.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Wahab's been dropped on form, then OK, fair enough.

But not picking because he might have spot-fixed is ****ing dodgy. Fair enough not picking him if he was charged, but innocent till proven guilty counts, surely?

smash84

The Tiger King

But not picking because he might have spot-fixed is ****ing dodgy. Fair enough not picking him if he was charged, but innocent till proven guilty counts, surely?
awta

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Depends what reasonable suspiscion there is surely. If there is something that looks very bad, and that it seems likely that in due course even worse things will come to light in such a vein, it seems wise and appropriate to exclude him from the team. As mentioned before, the last thing Pakistan cricket needs after beginning it's recovery is a setback after another player in the side is exposed as a cheat.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surely the safe, sensible option for the PCB is to not pick any players who have a justifiable suspicion hanging over them until they're cleared?

It's unfortunate for the players involved, particularly if they turn out to be innocent, but if Pakistan are to draw a line under the whole spot-fixing saga, they can't afford to pick players who are under investigation.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Surely the safe, sensible option for the PCB is to not pick any players who have a justifiable suspicion hanging over them until they're cleared?

It's unfortunate for the players involved, particularly if they turn out to be innocent, but if Pakistan are to draw a line under the whole spot-fixing saga, they can't afford to pick players who are under investigation.
Wahab can't have been dropped on form because he was brilliant in the world cup.

Whoever has excluded him, PCB or ICC, they should say that they have and why. But at the moment there is all this secrecy regarding the whole thing.

It's also been quite a while since Wahab played, so surely any evidence that had been submitted should have been checked and the ICC should have set a hearing like they did with Amir, Asif and Butt.