• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where Does Michael Clarke's Performance In the SCG Test Rank?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
329*, some catches, great captaincy and dismissed Sachin to start a collaspe

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Shoulda got 400. Was a good knock, but centuries have been more valuable in the past. Like that one vs SA

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah and Warner's in Hobart too.

This knock ticks a lot of boxes - gigantic score, decent rate, came in at 3/sweet-****all and scored about half the side's runs.

And we won too, which is a big advantage over Cape Town.

Last edited:

telsor

U19 12th Man
For me, the biggest factor in any big innings is if the team won the match, second is the effect the innings had on that.

Suffice to say, I don't think so highly of Lara's 2 big innings.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would have to be right up there you'd think. I've never been a knocker of Clarke's, but nor have I been a massive fan. I've always liked the bloke, but he can be a frustrating character at times. I have really liked the way he's gone about things since taking over the captaincy though. He's obviously a lot more open than Ponting at his press conferences and you get the feeling he's the perfect age to relate to the younger blokes in the team, whilst having the experience of playing with the older blokes.

I also think Ponting has come across as a much nicer bloke since losing the captaincy. I think we've seen more of him as a person since that point and you really can't fault the guy for putting in after he lost the captaincy and doing his best to help out the rest of the team. Couldn't be happier that he got a ton finally.

JBMAC

State Captain
Would rank him in the top ten innings I have seen in Test Cricket probably around 6 or 7

RoCricket

Cricket Spectator
Right up there. Came in when the team was in trouble, highest score at the SCG, took the wicket of Tendulkar, involved in a 288-run partnership and an unbeaten 334*-run partnership, great captaining.

Best all-round performance. One of the best knocks in history, definitely in recent history. Pure class.
About time the Pup turned into the pack leader.