• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What was the lowest point for your cricket team?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that 2012 tour of the Windies was somehow worse than the 45 all out vs SA. We had upset Australia earlier in the year and looked to have a good batch of talented players coming through and yet we were terrible in the Windies with what was a nucleus of a great team. Thankfully we could go back in 2014 and win over there, although we haven't been back since sadly (while England seems to tour the Windies every 2 or 3 years).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There have been quite a few matches and last couple of series. Which one do you mean?
Losing the odd match isn’t bad, unless it’s to SL at home.

The last Indian series here was the nadir for me. Genuinely a national embarrassment

Slifer

International Captain
Yeah that 2012 tour of the Windies was somehow worse than the 45 all out vs SA. We had upset Australia earlier in the year and looked to have a good batch of talented players coming through and yet we were terrible in the Windies with what was a nucleus of a great team. Thankfully we could go back in 2014 and win over there, although we haven't been back since sadly (while England seems to tour the Windies every 2 or 3 years).
Tbh I'm glad NZ hasn't toured since. We'd be looking at a losing streak of what 6 tests lost in row. Wi have absolutely no chance against NZ.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I never played in any Tests but my old local club B grade team got bowled out for 6 once. That's right, 6. One of those things that was so bad it's almost just funny even at the time.
My old club side once got bowled out for 4 in a 2-day match. It was a train wreck. I remember getting back to the club rooms at the end of the day and someone asking how our day had gone, and as I tried to find the words our fast bowler replied “pretty good, I got 6 wickets”.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from match fixing saga, 8-0 felt so.
From the posts that followed this, I think we can take it as a consensus that this is the lowest point for all Indian posters.

And I can understand Burgey feeling about the recent India-Australia series as the same. A team that was as battered and bruised as India with almost like 11 regulars out should not have been able to beat the best Australia team of current time on their own soil. Shows how big of an achievement it is.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
For NZ. The 94/95 centenary season starting with the dope smoking and reaching its nadir in a test v Windies at the Basin.

OverratedSanity

2012 when India lost 8-0 on twin tours to England and Australia. Right after world cup and when our team was ranked #1 in tests. Terrible times
This was atleast explainable because key members aged out. I'm with hb that the match fixing scandal was the absolute low point. Azhar was massively popular and it was a gut punch.

trundler

Match fixing, Sydney 2010, 49 all out and more broadly every tour of SA and Australia that I can remember.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya - the nadir started when we missed the 2015 world cup and have hit a real low, where there isn't even a properly constituted national cricket board.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never played in any Tests but my old local club B grade team got bowled out for 6 once. That's right, 6. One of those things that was so bad it's almost just funny even at the time.
My old club side once got bowled out for 4 in a 2-day match. It was a train wreck. I remember getting back to the club rooms at the end of the day and someone asking how our day had gone, and as I tried to find the words our fast bowler replied “pretty good, I got 6 wickets”.
Cripes, I thought the worst effort from a team I played in was bad. Eighteen, with our captain timed out because he went for a walk during the innings and me unable to bat from a tremendous blow on the shin while fielding