• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What was the lowest point for your cricket team?

subshakerz

International Coach
If you had to choose a series or season that represented the lowest point for your cricket side in terms of its overall quality in tests, what would it be? To make it easier, we can take the modern period of 1970s onwards.

For Pakistan, I think the last series in Australia in 2020 when they were annihilated was perhaps the poorest quality side that I have seen Pakistan field in this period.

Heboric

International Debutant
Whenever my team gets whitewashed in a test series. When that happens its very low. No fighting draw not even the old "playing for pride" result

Flem274*

123/5
Sticking like glue to quality, Lord's 2008 was a Ross Taylor away from associate batting. Think on how scary it would be to support say England's batting sans Root and Stokes, then realise NZ 2008 were worse.

The West Indian tour of 2012 was my biggest moment of doubt though. That tour was far less dramatic than others but something about watching that NZ side was truly bleak.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you had to choose a series or season that represented the lowest point for your cricket side in terms of its overall quality in tests, what would it be? To make it easier, we can take the modern period of 1970s onwards.

For Pakistan, I think the last series in Australia in 2020 when they were annihilated was perhaps the poorest quality side that I have seen Pakistan field in this period.
Getting outscored by Hayden.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The 1989 Ashes was probably the nadir, especially as we hadn't a home test since 1985, apart from a one-off against SL.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Losing at home to India. Easily worse than the mid-80s or the WSC fiascos.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think in hindsight, the spotfixing scandal in 2010 was the real knockout blow for Pakistan cricket. Aside from the disgrace, Pakistan lost two worldclass bowlers in Asif and Aamir. England was lost as Pakistan's home venue. Mohd Yousuf retired just after and Younis Khan was still out of the team. It really left the team in a shambles.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Some point that I've repressed around the late 2000s, although the early to mid 1990s are also up there. Didn't win a Test series that wasn't Zimbabwe from 1990 to 96/97, got beaten by SA/Windies/Sri Lanka at home in our centenary series (1995/96) then put the cherry on top by scoring 130 in 50 overs in the final of our centenary ODI tournament, which Australia wiped in 31 overs.