• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What was the lowest point for your cricket team?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
They're not exactly getting us on the up swing come June, but surely we start favourites. Boult, Southee, Jamieson and probably Henry will be licking their chops.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some of the Australian batting collapses in the last decade were awful but nothing beats the mid 80s

We were worse then than England are now & by some distance

To make matters worse, the ACB kept scheduling series against the Windies as they were the most lucrative

Slifer

International Captain
Some of the Australian batting collapses in the last decade were awful but nothing beats the mid 80s

We were worse then than England are now & by some distance

To make matters worse, the ACB kept scheduling series against the Windies as they were the most lucrative
Not just that, but for whatever reason they'd schedule tests in Perth. Perth you know the formerly most pace friendly wicket in the world. Who's bright idea was that???

ImpatientLime

International Regular
jade dernbach

he's just been appointed my teams bowling consultant. I'd rather my daughter was given such a role*

*I'm single and have no prospective baby mama

Flem274*

123/5
Hopefully Kane's elbow is good post-IPL and he improves his record in England. I wonder if Branderson will play.
His elbow shouldn't be risked in IPL rubbish at all. If he buys a few index funds with the millions he has already earned then his bank account will be forever in the green. Surely NZC has Kiwisaver available to the players and provides financial advisors?

There is no need for an NZC contracted player to play more than 2-4 IPL seasons of $500,000+ and mandating it could well drive their auction value up through scarcity. If the players call it a restriction on trade, the door is over there for those who do not want to ever be a national hero.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
True. At least it isn't as bad as SA who are playing a test series vs Bangladesh without Rabada, Ngidi, Jansen, Nortje, van der Dussen, and Markram who are all in the IPL. Bangladesh are a real chance after winning the ODI series vs a full-strength SA.