• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What to do about tour matches

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha as I was reading that I was thinking to myself that's pretty much what teams get when they tour Australia.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice. The thread is drifting back into a nationalistic flame war again. Good stuff, good stuff.

*chews popcorn loudly*
If Borges stays away it should get back on track . . .

Under that pretense, hosts can do whatever they want. Craters in the practice pitches. Hookers strangling cats outside hotel rooms. Changing rooms that smell like piss. Fielding the local pub XI for warm-up games. Pissed up crowds throwing used needles and empty cans.

I know I just described a typical tour to Australia, but honestly everywhere else it's unacceptable.
. . . nvm

Bolo

State Captain
The Australian board is quite realistic about this. They recognise that if they act as good hosts in the future, it would be reciprocated when they visit other countries.

This is what Peter Roach (Head of Cricket Operations) had to say:
“I think all countries have probably been guilty in the past of not scheduling really good preparation... So there’s a push from the ICC to ensure member boards treat teams more like guests, with good warm-up games, suitable conditions and standard of opposition so that when do hit first Test match of a series, they’re as ready as they best can be.
Our position is that we want to play a real part in helping international teams prepare as best they can when they’re out here, in the time that they’ve got available. If we can be the front-runners that set an example for everyone else to follow, it has to be better for the game. And we hope and expect that to be reciprocated when we go overseas."
This statement shouldn't be generating controversy. Sounds like an attempt to step up and fix it. It doesn't matter who did it first or who did it worst, someone needs to be the bigger man and extend the olive branch to fix it, which he is trying to do.

Far better than listening to Faf or the BCCI talk about how they are going to do their best to screw the opposition over through conditions.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
At the end of the day, it'll result in more exciting cricket which is win win.

Australia should definitely be leading the way with the Ashes down under just becoming a customary mauling

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
In fact I'm beginning to think that the Sri Lankan board are the biggest trolls in world cricket. First giving us Ranatunga and now this. What next, underarm bowlers?
The extent to which they troll their own national team is far greater than they do for world cricket as a whole tbh

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If there's one thing SteveNZ is good at, it's pissing people off.
I realised Jedi and I had a schtick going both ways when he bemoaned Ross the Boss' form in Perth. I knew then we had actually unknowingly started a great 1-2 forum comedy duo. Burgey doesn't quite get it yet but he will.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Under that pretense, hosts can do whatever they want. Craters in the practice pitches. Hookers strangling cats outside hotel rooms. Changing rooms that smell like piss. Fielding the local pub XI for warm-up games. Pissed up crowds throwing used needles and empty cans.

I know I just described a typical tour to Australia, but honestly everywhere else it's unacceptable. Teams are under obligation to provide decent facilities. Because they'd sure as **** sook it up if it was suffered by them on the road. Red carpet no, a level of hosting that befits the experience of a professional sport, yes.
I prefer the hookers to get strangled honestly.

Burgey

I think the greatest effort in sabotaging a team’s prep for a big match was SA supposedly poisoning the All Blacks ahead of the 95 Rugby WC final. Or at least, that’s always been the excuse proffered by the Kiwis.

Bolo

State Captain
I think the greatest effort in sabotaging a team’s prep for a big match was SA supposedly poisoning the All Blacks ahead of the 95 Rugby WC final. Or at least, that’s always been the excuse proffered by the Kiwis.
I've heard this story told a few times but only by Aussies. I think it's a rumour made up by Aussies to discredit either RSA as cheats or NZ as bad losers, and they don't care which one.

First sentence is actually true.

Burgey

Having watched the lead up to the game, the game itself and the aftermath as it happened, I can assure you the story didn’t originate here.

morgieb

I've heard this story told a few times but only by Aussies. I think it's a rumour made up by Aussies to discredit either RSA as cheats or NZ as bad losers, and they don't care which one.

First sentence is actually true.
I'm pretty sure the story has been told by many people regardless of nationality. Sorry.

Burgey

I look forward to Bolo’s expeditious apology for his blatant and inaccurate Australia-bashing.

Bolo

State Captain
It's an anecdote. My only claim to it being representative was an obvious joke. I don't follow rugby at all and have only been to AUS, so I'm aware it wouldn't be close to representative.

Besides, that NZ doctor was probably a secret AUS supporter, making egergious pronouncements to badmouth both countries and make systemic Aussie cheating look better in comparison.