• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is wrong with doctoring of pitch ?

Do you support home teams preparing favourable wickets ?

• Total voters

JonoWalls

Cricket Spectator
Why are you so hurt man ? It is just a sports . Don’t take it so seriously. What is your age ?
Care? Who said anything about caring. I swim. I just like fairness - in life. And I sometimes like watching a good contest based on fairness, appreciate the skill shown. It makes it fun, a not dreary business, as war is dreary. I recall in the UK when Broad cheated Agar 2013, wouldn't walk when everyone saw he spooned it to slip. Ruined/changed the whole series.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Care? Who said anything about caring. I swim. I just like fairness - in life. And I sometimes like watching a good contest based on fairness, appreciate the skill shown. It makes it fun, a not dreary business, as war is dreary. I recall in the UK when Broad cheated Agar 2013, wouldn't walk when everyone saw he spooned it to slip. Ruined/changed the whole series.
And why do you think Nagpur pitch was unfair? Any particular reason .

Shady Slim

International Coach
Why? In an age where even gender based roles are being challenged and getting more fluid, cricket has surely got to move on with such rigidities around bowler roles surely ?

I am glad that India has more or less pioneered this change. And Ashwin being a top proponent. It's actually akin to Srikkanth / Greatbatch opening to use the fielding restrictions which revolutionized ODIs. Maybe even more.
speaking as a purveyor of hamfisted analogies this is something else
edit: mind you the point is correct but

Socerer 01

International Captain
why is there dead beating of the “muh lhb not equal to rhb preparation” in this thread still going on when two lefties scored 50s including one scoring only his 2nd 50? it’s almost as funny as the Poms on twitter crying about the pitches being impossible to bat on their tour after Ashwin routed them only for him to go on and score a 100 after a brash press talk

Sunil1z

International Regular
why is there dead beating of the “muh lhb not equal to rhb preparation” in this thread still going on when two lefties scored 50s including one scoring only his 2nd 50? it’s almost as funny as the Poms on twitter crying about the pitches being impossible to bat on their tour after Ashwin routed them only for him to go on and score a 100 after a brash press talk
No regular user of this forum is saying Nagpur pitch was doctored. It is only the casual fans who have no idea that pitch like Nagpur have been regular in India in last 3 years .

Socerer 01

International Captain
i get the complaining prior to the series due to the pics but maybe this is how certain pitches are prepared to ensure a test standard match and in the end it didn’t really have any demons for anyone and was rather docile by dustbowl standards too. if a couple of the Aussie batsmen made a stand or they had cleaned the Indian tail up much quicker this could have been a very different game

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
It's just jealousy mate, happens in most sports when a team or individual is dominating, Djokovic gets called a drug cheat , Sir Alex Ferguson was paying refs when he was managing Utd , All these accusations tend to just fling up when the opposition cannot win , Australia won the toss batted first which is supposed to be game over in subcontinent according to some ,still lost ..Unplayable pitch for lefthanders yet Jadeja and Patel got 50's when India's top order of right handers failed ..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I heard a reasonable explanation for the strange appearance of the pitch

Basically, it’s not uncommon for Indian groundskeepers to prepare different parts of the pitch differently e.g. leave more grass stump to stump in order to bind surface together while attempting to make the area where fast bowlers follow through as hard as possible below the surface to help prevent massive amounts of rough

JonoWalls

Cricket Spectator
I was there at the Oval 29th August 1882, and saw W.G Grace's beard turn white before my eyes. It was me who suggested they burn the bail a token in mourning for English cricket declared dead by The Sporting Times. I was at Adelaide oval in 1933 when Harold Larwood cracked Bert Oldfield's head with a leg-side theory bouncer, and led the shouting for Jardine's and Larwood's heads (nearly succeeding on both counts). And I was also there when Louis XVl lost at croquet to the Count of Monte Cristo when he surreptitiously moved le panier de croquet as the king turned away to have yet another croissant break. I know a cheat when I see one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting increasingly difficult in this thread to distinguish those having a laugh and those posting in earnest lol
I was there at the Oval 29th August 1882, and saw W.G Grace's beard turn white before my eyes. It was me who suggested they burn the bail a token in mourning for English cricket declared dead by The Sporting Times. I was at Adelaide oval in 1933 when Harold Larwood cracked Bert Oldfield's head with a leg-side theory bouncer, and led the shouting for Jardine's and Larwood's heads (nearly succeeding on both counts). And I was also there when Louis XVl lost at croquet to the Count of Monte Cristo when he surreptitiously moved le panier de croquet as the king turned away to have yet another croissant break. I know a cheat when I see one.
That should help

Sunil1z

International Regular
@Burgey stop trolling us from your other account.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
It's just jealousy mate, happens in most sports when a team or individual is dominating, Djokovic gets called a drug cheat , Sir Alex Ferguson was paying refs when he was managing Utd , All these accusations tend to just fling up when the opposition cannot win , Australia won the toss batted first which is supposed to be game over in subcontinent according to some ,still lost ..Unplayable pitch for lefthanders yet Jadeja and Patel got 50's when India's top order of right handers failed ..
Yeah I remember us fans crying conspiracy theories of Jayasurya having a bat with spring inside it. The story was that this was identified during Airport security check.
Another recent one is how Starc has declined since sandpapergate as a bowler. Although.... well that's for another thread...