• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is wrong with doctoring of pitch ?

Do you support home teams preparing favourable wickets ?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having a tuna salad today. Pretty low key tbh. Trying not to stack on more kgs while I can't exercise. I have enough of them as it is :ph34r:

In fact, if anyone wants some, I have plenty to spare rn

TheJediBrah

I presume everyone else has also noticed it's always Indian fans asking "What's wrong with this or that morally reprehensible thing which the rest of the game finds abhorrent but which our team is on board with?"

Mankads, ball tampering, pitch doctoring, threatening to go home if they don't get their way. I'll add a few more once I've finished my lunch. The list is endless.
Very good points, except for ball tampering (I mean come on)

Last edited:

Burgey

It's not the act, it's the defending of it.

So we had Cape Town and the rational Aus supporters fell between laughing at how stupid it was and being pissed off about it. No one seriously justified it, because you can't.

By contrast, you have Tendulkar convicted of ball tampering. As soon as he was convicted, the match referee is accused of racism (standard accusation tbh, might be where HB gets his schtick of accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being a racist), and the BCCI demands he's removed from the third test of the series. The ICC refuses and the third test is reduced to unofficial status. Bloke cheated, there's an uproar defending it. Bizarro world where the offender is somehow a victim. Christ, they even tried to defend Dravid after there was footage of him literally shining a ball with a lozenge. Good on Clive Lloyd for standing firm in his decision there.

TheJediBrah

It's not the act, it's the defending of it.

So we had Cape Town and the rational Aus supporters fell between laughing at how stupid it was and being pissed off about it. No one seriously justified it, because you can't.

By contrast, you have Tendulkar convicted of ball tampering. As soon as he was convicted, the match referee is accused of racism (standard accusation tbh, might be where HB gets his schtick of accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being a racist), and the BCCI demands he's removed from the third test of the series. The ICC refuses and the third test is reduced to unofficial status. Bloke cheated, there's an uproar defending it. Bizarro world where the offender is somehow a victim. Christ, they even tried to defend Dravid after there was footage of him literally shining a ball with a lozenge. Good on Clive Lloyd for standing firm in his decision there.
Yeah it's weird

TheJediBrah

Meanwhile Cricket Australia hangs its players out to dry with absurd punishments. ****ed Western society

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I presume everyone else has also noticed it's always Indian fans asking "What's wrong with this or that morally reprehensible thing which the rest of the game finds abhorrent but which our team is on board with?"

Mankads, ball tampering, pitch doctoring, threatening to go home if they don't get their way. I'll add a few more once I've finished my lunch. The list is endless.
Coz their board own pretty much all other boards? Imagine NZ cricket trying to make such revolutionary things. The maximum reaction would be aww that's so sweet.

JonoWalls

Cricket Spectator
it's not a game, it's an industry. a proxy war btwn nations. what India should have done to keep the profits happening is make the first game utterly fair, then they'd have a world wide audience in their hands. South Africa was bad but they were delinquent away players and they paid big for their crime..prima facie this looks very much like delinquent organisers