• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the greatest innings of all time?

Which one though?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was also an innings that cemented Ben Stokes as a game breaker.....has put fear into any opposition and paved the way for the likes of Trent Bridge.
I can remember when he scored a whirlwind doubled century once. Also it paved the way for nothing, England with or without Stokes unremittingly sucked against decent opposition from then up to the current NZ series.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Ladies and gentleman if you want to know how desperately low brow a piece of bait this is check out the only like as of 14.40 BST
i see what you're doing here and i don't like it

14.40 BST? what is that? a currency? is that the British Standard Tender? huh? huh? 14.40 BST gets you a full english and a pint at the swan and tomato huh?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was also an innings that cemented Ben Stokes as a game breaker.....has put fear into any opposition and paved the way for the likes of Trent Bridge.

It was and is an iconic innings.
The only thing Ben Stokes has elicited fear of is the failure of the British justice system to protect innocent citizens from vicious assault

Shady Slim

International Coach
I can remember when he scored a whirlwind doubled century once. Also it paved the way for nothing, England with or without Stokes unremittingly sucked against decent opposition from then up to the current NZ series.
wasnt that on the roadiest pitch ever though and was widely recognised as being such

TheJediBrah

This is brutally true. Since that Stokes innings have they even won a single Ashes Test? Maybe the one dead rubber I don't remember. Can't really say it paved the way for anything positive

Starfighter

This is brutally true. Since that Stokes innings have they even won a single Ashes Test? Maybe the one dead rubber I don't remember. Can't really say it paved the way for anything positive
Ah, they won at the Oval after Tim Paine sent them in remember? I still seethe in anger about the stupidity of that decision.

Starfighter

we're talking about the 258 in the most boring draw in recent memory non mcg edition though right when you say whirlwind double? or are my wires crossed
How many better than run-a-ball doubles have there been recently? And, no, Perth 2015 was way more boring.

Shady Slim

International Coach
MCG 2017 was the most boring for me
yeah it's this one hence i specified non mcg edition

How many better than run-a-ball doubles have there been recently? And, no, Perth 2015 was way more boring.
i remember that one fondly bc i was in year ten geography with mates watching intently to see if ross the boss would hit the triple hundred... teacher came across and we thought we were going to get busted but he just wanted to know the score lol

Burgey

Ah, they won at the Oval after Tim Paine sent them in remember? I still seethe in anger about the stupidity of that decision.
That's not why they lost. They lost because they were basically on the cans the whole time after they won the 4th test and retained the Ashes