• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the greatest innings of all time?

Which one though?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Gooch innings at Headingley takes some topping from an England point of view. Butcher v Aussies at Headingley too was a brilliant one.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lara 153* vs windies due to my emotional involvement.

Overall I think Laxman 281 for the share shock factor and Gooch 154 for quality of attack and tricky conditions combo.

TheJediBrah

Stokes at Headlingly was probably the worst Test hundred I've ever seen. Chris Martin could have tonned up against peak 80s WI if he had as much luck as Stokes did that day

TheJediBrah

It's also completely true though. Stokes is an immensely talented cricketer and has played some brilliant innings, a few of which I've seen, but that wasn't one of them. It was ****. He should have been out about a dozen times and about half his runs came from top edged slogs falling into gaps.

His 120 at perth in 2013 was a great innings

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It was also an innings that cemented Ben Stokes as a game breaker.....has put fear into any opposition and paved the way for the likes of Trent Bridge.

It was and is an iconic innings.