• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I'd have said it's obvious. :D

Unless you're being a trifle ironic & I've missed that....
No irony intended - to be honest, I was looking for irony in Hakon's comment, but couldn't find any, so that's what confused me. Was he simply adding Portugal to the list of teams that would thrash USA?

Oh, hang on a minute, didn't the USA beat Portugal in the last WC? The penny drops.... :-O

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Oh, hang on a minute, didn't the USA beat Portugal in the last WC? The penny drops.... :-O
Don't worry, I had to ask Håkon about that, too. I can actually remember falling asleep during the highlights of that game, though. Unless it was another Portugal game. Meh, fairly odd to remember falling asleep, though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
steds said:
Don't worry, I had to ask Håkon about that, too. I can actually remember falling asleep during the highlights of that game, though. Unless it was another Portugal game. Meh, fairly odd to remember falling asleep, though.
Yeah that is odd. I remember the stunning own goal Jeff Agoos scored, though, that was brilliant. :D

Don

State Vice-Captain
hey portugal could do well in the wc they just have bad luck. GO Soca Warriors then GO Portugal

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
I rate Japan higher than I rate the USA, likewise South Korea. Irrelevant really, as none of them will ever win it.
Not sure about that, i rate Ivory Coast above Japan and Korea, i cant see them doing anything away from home. But anyway the chances of the World Cup going out of Europe or South America are about 1000/1 or even greater.