• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson to replace mike hussey

brockley

International Captain
Have heard watson had a good batting session and may replace mike hussey for the 2nd test.
I dunno if he match fit.
whether he can field.
If he can bowl.
All i know is runour mongreing around he will replace hussey and is breathing down his neck.
Anyone know his status at the moment.

pup11

International Coach
Have heard watson had a good batting session and may replace mike hussey for the 2nd test.
I dunno if he match fit.
whether he can field.
If he can bowl.
All i know is runour mongreing around he will replace hussey and is breathing down his neck.
Anyone know his status at the moment.
I seriously hope that its just a rumour, would be annoyed as hell if we drop Huss.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
**** off, you got me all excited then.

As for his status, Jamie Cox was quoted saying he was fit to bat. As for bowling, you'd only do it in the fourth innings, wouldn't you?

Seriously doubt he'd play. I'd have thought they'd just as likely bump Haddin up to six and include MacDonald if they were for some reason to make a change.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You'd hope Huss gets more than one innings, tbh. Dare say he's got more FC runs in England than any other Aussie squad member and quite possibly some of the English batters too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Haa...this is why the non selection of the extra batsman in Hodge or D Hussey was blunder. Of course i'd still back M Hussey to come good. But in the unlikely event that ENG bowling attack does come good in this series or one of bats gets injured a solid back-up would be needed.

Watto although he does have the potential to bat in the top 5 in tests, isn't there yet. His ONLY role is to be the all-rounder batting @ 6.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would be an utterly dire selection if true.

Of course now that I've said that, should it be true Watson will probably score an unbeaten double ton...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Now, few are bigger Watto fans than I, but if this happens for Lords I'll suffer a fractured vertebre from the resultant facepalm.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I don't see it happening. I have said numerous times that throughout or at the conclusion of this series if Hussey fails to make runs he should, and probably will, be dropped, but I didn't expect it to happen after the first test, if of course it happens.

I'd assume is this happens, North will manage at 5, with Watson coming in at 6 as a pure batsmen, leaving the rest of the team the same, unless Hauritz and Clark swap.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Watto was in for Lord's, but damaged his thumb opening a jar of hair product.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm all for Watson being in the team if he's fully fit and capable of bowling, which he isn't, but I can't see Hussey being dropped.

brockley

International Captain
Watson was bowling today.
This was media talk a few days ago after husseys failure,i wouldn't be surprised if watson is added to the lords squad,but hussey given the benefit of the doubt.
but if hussey fails 2nd test maybe watson the man,clarke at 4 north 5 watson 6.