• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson, Sehwag, Gayle and Perera present the Rubbish Review Hall Of Shame

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
DRS would've been handy when WG Grace chucked the bails back on, or when the wind was deemed to have been what dislodged the bails at the Basin with Hadlee bowling. Although that did give birth to the immortal 'effing big wind' line after he knocked the poles out soon after.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ahahahaha, after reveiwing so many plumb lbws Watson elects not to review one that's high and missing leg stump.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Khawaja held his hand up today. Hitting two thirds up middle. Very much from the "But I don't want to be out, mummy" school of reviews.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Khawaja held his hand up today. Hitting two thirds up middle. Very much from the "But I don't want to be out, mummy" school of reviews.
:laugh: that's an awesome description.

I'll throw the guy a bone though, I'd review it on the off chance that Steyn overstepped/HawkEye might save me with that middle order behind me.

Spark

Global Moderator
definite entry from smith reviewing the lbw shout on haddin yesterday.

might just have clipped a sixth stump. just.

Spark

Global Moderator
we have a new award.

perera just reviewed a nick to wide first slip.

should i put him in the title?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
we have a new award.

perera just reviewed a nick to wide first slip.

should i put him in the title?
I just saw that in a highlight show (shown in lieu of actual live play, what with the Lankans being poo and that) and I'm at an absolute loss as to know what he was hoping to get away with.

Must've felt it because it was a meaty old edge.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Did one of the Lankans not review an enormous edge off Swann during their collapse at Cardiff?
Yup, The Roof. Almost middled it to Prior and reviewed it immediately.

I can only assume that he was under the misapprehension that if he was brazen enough it would affect the technology.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
I remember Dilshan reviewing a decision against him when he clearly nicked one behind to the wicket keeper. The bowler was Aizaz Cheema, and that happened in the 4th ODI v PAK at Sharjah IIRC.

There was a huge sound and some deviation. Not to mention that only one incorrect review had been allowed per innings.