• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson, Sehwag, Gayle and Perera present the Rubbish Review Hall Of Shame

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So....

1)Morgan reviewed a absolute plumb LBW.

2)Broad reviewed a plumb LBW.

3)Worst of the lot, Gul reviewed a LBW with ball pitching miles outside leg stump and even hitting outside leg.

Spark

Global Moderator
Having said that I still think the worst review of all time was Perera's nick to first slip.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
3)Worst of the lot, Gul reviewed a LBW with ball pitching miles outside leg stump and even hitting outside leg.
I honestly think some of the Pakistanis do not know the pitched outside leg LBW rule. And I'm not joking. I definitely think Cheema is unaware of the rule.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think most of the plumb lbw reviews are done on the basis of "****, we really can't afford to lose this wicket, I'm going to gamble on the 1% chance that I might have got outside the line."

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think most of the plumb lbw reviews are done on the basis of "****, we really can't afford to lose this wicket, I'm going to gamble on the 1% chance that I might have got outside the line."
I think this happens rather a lot actually, not just with England either. Can't say I blame any team that tries it on, but I think it's one of the few downsides of the introduction of the DRS.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Incidentally the best review was Johnson to Collingwood 1st innings at Perth.

Johnson appeals, and the appeal is turned down by the umpire. Johnson looks at Ponting and says "I reckon that looks pretty good mate."
Ponting: "Not too high?"
Johnson: "Nah."
Ponting: *signals for referral*

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Who do you guys think would be the best person at reviewing throughout cricket history. Someone who was calculating and did not let emotions affect his judgement at all.