• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson, Sehwag, Gayle and Perera present the Rubbish Review Hall Of Shame

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Shouldn't Sehwag (granted He's having a bad series just now) and Watson be removed from the thread title, because frankly... They dont suck.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Strauss is a pretty solid reviewer, most of England's toilet reviews come from batsmen. I honestly thought his review in the second go was a solid one too.

Can we have a special category for "worst third umpire review decisions" too? I nominate Davis not overturning Ajmal's no-bat/pad catch in the first Pakistan innings. Clearly no contact.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Strauss is a pretty solid reviewer, most of England's toilet reviews come from batsmen. I honestly thought his review in the second go was a solid one too.

Can we have a special category for "worst third umpire review decisions" too? I nominate Davis not overturning Ajmal's no-bat/pad catch in the first Pakistan innings. Clearly no contact.
I dunno, Straus has let himself be talked into a few rubbish reviews by Prior.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Gul's name should be in the thread title. That review was so stupid and Embarrassing. I'm surprised Misbah agreed with it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A very worthy mention for South Africa's effort today. Ultimately it was Smith's call, but at Morkel's behest.

The lanky saffer seamer bounces McCullum and the ball smacks the pugnacious right hander squarely on bit where the upper arm turns into the shoulder. Ball did not get within eighteen inches of bat or gloves.

Might just be the worst ever.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fat Grey smashing it to the slips in the last South Africa v England series.

Pretty sure the last series we played in the West Indies contained some absolutely mystifying decisions, nothing specific springs to mind.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

Pretty sure the last series we played in the West Indies contained some absolutely mystifying decisions, nothing specific springs to mind.
Darren Powell missed the ball by a foot with his attempted hook shot and Harper didn't overturn the decision, mumbling something about his TV screen not being big enough.

Still, it made the whole team angry as hell and 2 hours later we bowled them out for 51 so all is well that ends well!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

That windies series had a really bad implementation of DRS, they didn't seem to know what they were doing with it at that point. Think Kiwininja has alluded to early DRS being ****e in this thread.

Debris

International 12th Man
Jumbo Cummins's effort today was up there, it must be said. Hitting 3/4 up middle.
I can't really criticize anyone batting 10 or 11. If the review is still there. might as well use it no matter how unlikely. Not like you get a reward for not using the review.

Howsie

International Captain
Like we say, the NZ 'team' has one review. McCullum gets the other one. I don't think I've ever not seen him challenge a LBW decision. Always has that face too, that "Oh I might as well review it" Like you see from players when they're 8 or 9 down, or the last remaining batsman.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Like we say, the NZ 'team' has one review. McCullum gets the other one. I don't think I've ever not seen him challenge a LBW decision. Always has that face too, that "Oh I might as well review it" Like you see from players when they're 8 or 9 down, or the last remaining batsman.
Not even his worst review this game. Fielding review when Boult told him he reckoned it was probably too high but McCullum decided '**** it, I'll review anyway.'

Pillock.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mushfiqur Rahim just went up for an lbw appeal. The bowler didn't appeal as it was actually a perfectly played forward defensive. Rahim reviewed it.