• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm Ups

FBU

International Debutant
I think we are going to have to open the batting with Swann and Bopara.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I wonder if they could play Tredwell, the other two spinners have been our best bowlers so far, and Tredwell has opened in one-dayers, I think.

FBU

International Debutant
Well I wonder if they could play Tredwell, the other two spinners have been our best bowlers so far, and Tredwell has opened in one-dayers, I think.
Ok we can have the spinners opening the batting and let the opposition face 12 overs of spin.

grecian

Ok we can have the spinners opening the batting and let the opposition face 12 overs of spin.
yep sorted, better then bres or sidey putting any overs down tbh, and would make us more mobile in the field. Morgan seems to want to do this on his own.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabwe look set to take another scalp, Pak in all kinds of trouble. Elton Chigumbura starring with the bat again.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pak 3 down Akmals playing ATM. Whats up with Zimbabwe!
Only need to get 140 odd to be competitive. Outside the subcontinent, they have the best (20/20) spin stocks. Price would walk into the South African or Australian side.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Only need to get 140 odd to be competitive. Outside the subcontinent, they have the best (20/20) spin stocks. Price would walk into the South African or Australian side.
And the WI wickets are spin friendly this time around.

This makes the WC so much more interesting and competitive.

Faisal1985

Zim all over Pak..........man forget about Bangladesh. Zimbabwe is going to be THE STORY of this WC.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Colly gone but Morgan looks like he has the chase sorted. South Africans not got the measure of him yet.

In the Zim game, Prosper takes out the Akmal in one over. Should be game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Zim all over Pak..........man forget about Bangladesh. Zimbabwe is going to be THE STORY of this WC.
Their group is too tough and both Sri Lanka and New Zealand have form for being very ruthless against the lesser nations. Would have caused problems if grouped with England, Windies or Pak.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Alam and Misbah are the last hope for Pak.

TBH, Duminy and Morkel should bat higher up. Gibbs and AB are not quite effective against spin. At least these 2 can slog out things.

Faisal1985

Their group is too tough and both Sri Lanka and New Zealand have form for being very ruthless against the lesser nations. Would have caused problems if grouped with England, Windies or Pak.
SL i would take it but i think Zim can cause worries to NZ for sure.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Alam and Misbah are the last hope for Pak.

TBH, Duminy and Morkel should bat higher up. Gibbs and AB are not quite effective against spin. At least these 2 can slog out things.
Gibbs (thankfully) won't play. Kallis will slot in for him. Should be - Smith, Lungile, Kallis, AB, JP, Albie, Bouch, ?,?,?, Steyn.

Faisal1985

Gibbs (thankfully) won't play. Kallis will slot in for him. Should be - Smith, Lungile, Kallis, AB, JP, Albie, Bouch, ?,?,?, Steyn.
AB, JP, and Albie in the middle has to be the strongest hitting middle of all teams.

grecian

Well two encouraging performances from England, the batting order still to be sorted out though. Presumably Yardy will play as he's been the best bowler, but is he really going to bat 8 or below?