• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm Ups

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I so hope the Australia v Zimbabwe card is right...

It's a warm-up but it's still funny.

Of course they still might get the 34 to win, or the 33 to win, or whatever it actually is. Assuming Clarke's kept off strike...

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Oram broken down already ?

NL McCullum 2.1 0 7 2 3.23
JDP Oram 0.5 0 7 0 8.40

:/

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Have a feeling it will be hard for Asif to bowl effectively on these pitches. Went for 8+ an over today. Simply hope he clicks at the right time.

But certainly excited to see Hafeez in good form.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If Warner or Watson don't perform then Aus will bomb. And their idea of playing four quicks if the wickets are true to form won't get them anywhere. Though Tait could be the surprise package, takes the pitch out of the equation and has form for doing the business in the Windies.

Zim on a square turner could be a real banana skin for New Zealand.

Chubb

International Regular
Elton showing great form there. I really think an IPL team could do a lot worse than snap him up as an impact batsman. Hope he does well for Northants too- I think he will.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Wow what actually happened last night was completely different to what I went to bed thinking what happened...

hehe when they stand next to each other they look regular sized

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good on Zimbabwe for beating us. I know it's only a warm-up but they could do some damage here.

grecian

Interesting start for England against the Bangas, Wright drops Imrul off the second ball, and Broad get's Ashraful caught behind off a no-ball. Start as you mean to go on.....8-)

shivfan

Banned
Good start by Afghanistan in their first warmup match....

They have Ireland reeling at 12-2 off three overs.

King Pietersen

International Captain
3/20 off 4 for Michael Yardy with the ball, out-doing Swanneh by miles according to the scorecards. Hopefully he'll make the starting XI, think he offers far more than having another batsman in there in Bopara. Wright at 6, Yardy at 7 for me.

King Pietersen

International Captain
50 up for Ravi. What are the chances of him sneaking in ahead of either Lumb or Wright? Certainly hasn't hurt his chances with this knock. Decent strike-rate from Rav too. Not quite been Pollard-esque, but given they're only chasing 127 he's done very well.

Edit: Nice, Ravi run-out with 1 run required. Ended up with 62 from 48. Good effort Rav!

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

50 up for Ravi. What are the chances of him sneaking in ahead of either Lumb or Wright?
Given the selectorial record of consistent gross incompetence they're pretty good. Why get a good score when it can get downgraded every ball Bopara's bats? Which is what'll happen when a decent team turns up.