• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Howsie

International Captain
You said it was because women were getting a pay rise, if I remember correctly.
Yup! Taking money away from the men’s game. Got laughed at after I said there would be more than just Boult. Well that’s de Grandhomme, Neesham (turned int down not enough $) and now Guptill. We’ll see more but let’s just bury our heads in the sand

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I predicted that Howsie would announce that he predicted this...and as predicted, I was right.

But cmon guys, we know Howsie is playing a persona. There's literally no way a guy of his intelligence believes what he's saying.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Good idea from Hesson. Move Phillips to 3 and Kane to 4 in T20's.

“We can’t have Devon [Conway] and Kane batting together in the power play for five overs and expect us to be on 50, we just can’t. That’s not the role they play.”

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
just have a fluid batting order. Allen gets out, bring in Phillips. Conway gets out, bring in Mitchell or Kane.

The lack of flexibility and innovation in this team is astounding.
Yeah, this is all we're asking for. Interesting to see Hesson would have a completely different approach - that's a guy who knows T20

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

This doesn't surprise me at all - I'm assuming they started talking to Gup as soon as they found out they were losing Livingstone. Hope this turns out to be a good result for both sides.
So Guppy, Boult, and CDG are there now. Is Munro still with the Scorchers?

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
just have a fluid batting order. Allen gets out, bring in Phillips. Conway gets out, bring in Mitchell or Kane.

The lack of flexibility and innovation in this team is astounding.
I wish it was astounding, but it's not really when you look at the people pulling the strings; Stead and Williamson.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This doesn't surprise me at all - I'm assuming they started talking to Gup as soon as they found out they were losing Livingstone. Hope this turns out to be a good result for both sides.
We'll never find out, but the timing of this is interesting. Did the Renegades ring when Gup got dropped? Was this mooted earlier, because Gup wouldn't have got a release (or shouldn't have been) if he was intending to keep playing for NZ and be contracted. Was he intended on doing a CdG and 'woops hey guys, I've got a BBL contract'? As I say, we'll never know. All I know is I don't like it.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Ludick left the country after last season too, but it's permanent in his case. For Houston and 2021 Major League Cricket, of all things.
Haven't really heard much about Ludick since he went to the States. I'm guessing he has a reasonably long qualifying period. Would he be making more money playing club cricket in the US than he was playing for CD? It'd be interesting to hear his thinking on the subject, given he'd played for CD reasonably successfully for a few years when he left.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, his success for CD had a low-ceiling flavour to it, I suppose. I know he didn't fancy facing Sears at all. South Africans will still often get married before they've hit 25 and they can become very pragmatic in their path.