• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Under The Lid" Thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
Heheh, the fans have a new song.

Slip inside Ricky Ponting’s mind
He’s trying to find
Some new players to play

He wants to play his older team
But that’s just a dream
They’re too old to play

He said he’d start a revolution in his head
But he’s been through all the players A to Z
Now there’s just a summertime of doom
If he loses the Ashes race
He is going to lose his place
Losing three would simply tear his heart out

So Ricky can wait
Shane Warne is too late
And there’s no Glenn McGrath
Gilchrist’s had his day
And don’t look back to Langer
He cannot play
From The Barmy Army -
barmyarmyashes.com

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Another original song from the Barmy Army. Can't wait to find out where they are from and who they support as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Another original song from the Barmy Army. Can't wait to find out where they are from and who they support as well.
Yeah, they could just sit there in silence instead, or even better shout Aussie Aussie Aussie!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My living room holds more people than most English cricket grounds... and thankfully I don't have yellow teeth, pale skinned ****wits singing rugby songs in it all day.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to find you so heavily critical of Australians.

VB? Jesus Christ.

I've had fishbowls I'd rather drink.
Fishbowl was probably bigger than most English grounds too..

It's interesting this bagging of Australian crowds. I'm sure I've seen a lot of matches in England where the grounds are less than full, notwithstanding their small size. There are also thousands less Poms out here this time than the past few tours. Suppose it's the economy there, dunno.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Fishbowl was probably bigger than most English grounds too..

It's interesting this bagging of Australian crowds. I'm sure I've seen a lot of matches in England where the grounds are less than full, notwithstanding their small size. There are also thousands less Poms out here this time than the past few tours. Suppose it's the economy there, dunno.
Probably influenced by Botham's hilarious 'spot the Aussie' feature at Brisbane on day 5, tbh.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised to find you so heavily critical of Australians.

VB? Jesus Christ.

I've had fishbowls I'd rather drink.
You may have missed the point, not really sure tbh, but I was suggesting that during the Lunch break even those queuing for refreshing beverages from our brilliant climate would heavily out number the sorry number that fill your match box grounds