• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpiring Errors

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India knocked Australia out the World Cup

Didn't you know people only dislike India because of them being number one and winning the WC? None of us were ranting about them before then

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India knocked Australia out the World Cup

Didn't you know people only dislike India because of them being number one and winning the WC? None of us were ranting about them before then
Oh Christ no. I've despised the Indian team since their appalling flouncing exercise here last time. every time I hear a justification for it, it just makes me hate them more. They lost 9 wickets in two sessions to lose that match in Sydney, including three to Michael Clarke with an over to go.

But it was all Bucknor's fault.

Laughable.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
yup, they had absolutely no business to lose that match. but, apart from being completely shafted when australia batted in terms of the umpiring stakes, they got some dodgy ones in the last innings (the dravid one, in particular). the last straw on the camel's back, in my opinion, was ponting deciding to play ump and then later grassing (or catching it and then landing on the ball ie not completing it) a catch himself and then claiming it too. and playing the amnesiac ingenue upon being asked about it in the press conference.

one would have imagined that they would have been the first to jump on the udrs bandwagon after the sydney fiasco, but what does one know!

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
one would have imagined that they would have been the first to jump on the udrs bandwagon after the sydney fiasco, but what does one know!
if BCCI had asked for DRS then some people who are supporting DRS now would have been opposing it now :ph34r:

as for BCCI change of mind.... i think it has to do with the a SL series

Spark

Global Moderator
Even more ironic, IMO, (depending on your perceptions) is how Ricky Ponting has been one of its most consistent and stalwart advocates.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah because everyone just takes the opposing stance to the BCCI rather than hold any opinions ourselves. That's how much we all hate them.

Most apt username ever.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf ,the exact opposite accusation has been made many more times too ,and is equally incorrect.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
if BCCI had asked for DRS then some people who are supporting DRS now would have been opposing it now :ph34r:
Maybe, but I bet the number of those who currently oppose or are neutral to it who would be fully behind it if the BCCI supported far outweigh the number of people you're talking about.

biased indian

International Coach
Maybe, but I bet the number of those who currently oppose or are neutral to it who would be fully behind it if the BCCI supported far outweigh the number of people you're talking about.
i only said some rt and i had only less than handful in mind and at least one has already responded to it the way i thought they will ...

Last edited: