• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UDRS STUFF relating to the Australia in the West Indies 2012

Jacknife

International Captain
I also mentioned the ROACH one aswell, which was disgusting, the bottom line is if the shoe was on the other foot we all know Australia would have got that decision.
So basically you've used the Dilshan example even though that was the correct call and then flibberty gave you a example of one far worse than the ones mentioned and you chose to ignore it, righto.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Windy Weathers, how do you feel about the Chanderpaul one off Lyon the other day, which was basically identical to the Watson referral early on today? I mean, if there was a conspiracy, wouldn't Chanderpaul have been given out?

Jacknife

International Captain
Not enough IN YOUR BOOK, but unless we're actually in court i don't think that matters!! :laugh: , i bring up the Dilshan incident to highlight the fact that lower ranked clubs don't get the benefit of the doubt, there was NOTHING to suggest he was out but still he was given out, today with Clark there was actually a sound and still he was allowed to stay, where is the consistency? :@ .
Actually in the Dilshan one, from one angle there looked to be a slight deviation and also a red mark seemed to appear on the bat where it passed and in another camera angle you couldn't tell. I agree there is no consistency but to suggest it's only low ranked teams on the end of this is frankly cringeworthy.

Flem274*

123/5
WindieWeathers, either post a detailed set of 10+ examples from the past year to support your claim or cease with the conspiracy theories.

Howsie

International Captain
WindieWeathers miss the South African tour of New Zealand? South Africa were screwed over by the 3rd umpire four or five times during that series, everything went New Zealand's way.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Actually in the Dilshan one, from one angle there looked to be a slight deviation and also a red mark seemed to appear on the bat where it passed and in another camera angle you couldn't tell. I agree there is no consistency but to suggest it's only low ranked teams on the end of this is frankly cringeworthy.
Well that's your view, but it's easy to talk when your team isn't the one on the end of the bad decisions!! 8-) .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Umpires make mistakes. 3rd umpires do too, the 3rd umpire shouldn't but it happens. Stop making yourself look a bitter fool and move on.
This is a public forum and i'll express my views whether you agree with them or not thanks, i can handle the odd mistake, but this just seemed so blatant, umpire decisions being overturned without anything to disprove his verdict very rarely happens, but of course it had to happen to us when we had the Aussies in big trouble!! 8-) .

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is a public forum and i'll express my views whether you agree with them or not thanks, i can handle the odd mistake, but this just seemed so blatant, umpire decisions being overturned without anything to disprove his verdict very rarely happens, but of course it had to happen to us when we had the Aussies in big trouble!! 8-) .
Yeah I would be disappointed if I were you too. It was a huge decision on Australia's premier batsman.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So you actually had the ability to hear the enhanced audio like the 3rd umpire did then did you?
I take it you didn't watch the game? :unsure: because the sound could CLEARLY be heard on the TV!!, which is why it was such a shocking decision to overturn it.

Flem274*

123/5
Once again, provide some substantial evidence or stop playing sour grapes.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
The speed with which Clarke reviewed it probably indicates he didn't hit it but there is absolutely no evidence for the third umpire to overturn it. A very clear noise (which probably wasn't bat on ball but a noise nonetheless) and that itself is enough to not overturn it. It was a poor decision but WindieWeathers is dreaming if he thinks that this was worse than some of the decisions in the NZ/SA series. Who remembers Graeme Smith missing the ball by a good 2 inches but still being given caught behind?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Once again, provide some substantial evidence or stop playing sour grapes.
I've provided three different examples already, THIS ISN'T A COURT, suggesting i should "list ten" is just frivolous imo, i'm just expressing my honest opinion about what i see, which from what i gather isn't against the rules, i'm not asking anyone to agree with me, if you disagree then that's fine, i can live with it believe me.

Flem274*

123/5
I've provided three different examples already, THIS ISN'T A COURT, suggesting i should "list ten" is just frivolous imo, i'm just expressing my honest opinion about what i see, which from what i gather isn't against the rules, i'm not asking anyone to agree with me, if you disagree then that's fine, i can live with it believe me.
It's an internet forum where opinions are debated. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, provide some evidence and refute arguments, rather than parading.