• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Pakistan lost by 59 Runs to South Africa
really needed hard hitting batsmen on the top
Salman butt, Ahmed Shehzad & Younis khan have no place in the team, instead there should 've been IMRAN NAZIR, IMRAN FARHAT & Rana naveed/ Abdul Razzaq
it's going to be the deciding factor, Pakistan has good bowling line up, but play them at good batting wickets, score 180, Pakistan 'll never be able to chase lol

by the way What's the line up of today's warm up matches?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa's new kit is awful. It doesn't do any of the fat players any favours.

Reebok's kit for the ODI side is miles better.

Steulen

International Regular
Trent Johnston. What a man! That is all.
Good game. Hopefully the Dutch batsmen will learn to better pick the balls to put away and they could be a handful in the group stage. The bowling seems to work especially if Seelaar keeps performing like this.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Good game. Hopefully the Dutch batsmen will learn to better pick the balls to put away and they could be a handful in the group stage. The bowling seems to work especially if Seelaar keeps performing like this.
Pretty much the same as Ireland. If we could strengthen our batting we'd be a far more competitive side.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand seem to be playing for a win, while the Indians are just going through the motions here. With only three batsmen, and conceding 170 despite having eight bowlers in the team, they seem careless here. Compare that with a proper team selection by NZ, who have done rather well so far.
Pfft, is that why Vettori used 8 different bowling options, one more Dhoni's 7? Truth-be-told I'm sure both teams would be more concerned about general form & fitness rather than the result, its just a warm-up after all.

Howsie

International Captain
Franklin batted well yesterday, hopefully he has a real good world cup. One of the best 20/20 players in New Zealand.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch really, really favoured spin. I don't suppose you saw the ball that McCallan got RTD with? Nannes and Schiferli are always good bowlers, so having a turning pitch really completes your attack. Same with us in fact, Rankin and Connell can always do a job so if West and McCallan get some help (or if there's seam movement or swing, Cusack and Johnston) there's no middle-overs respite.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
If it's the pitch where Netherlands 'll play against Pakistan, then i'm backing Pakistan, cuz that pitch was spinning alot
therefore it should be an easy game for Pakistan cuz our batsmen 'll play netherlands spinners with ease & netherlands 'll not be able to handle our spiners
but if it's seeming well can't say anything, the way Pakistan played yesterday, really don't see them reaching semi's
although we'll 've an easy super 8 group but yet we'll not manage to make it
whereas India 'll also not reach semi's
so i'm predicting, Srilanka & newzealand from Group F
Australia & south Africa from Group E
i guess more like 2007 ODI cricket world cup
but i do hope i'm wrong(both India & Pakistan reach semi's)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Agreed, Kallis looked like a balloon.
It was hardly flattering on Smith and Boucher as well.

Bangladesh doing okay here, although there's no Murali and Sri Lanka's fielding hasn't been that great. You feel that Bangladesh will never be able to defend a score below 150 because the seamers will just get smashed at the start of the innings and the opposition will then just be able to ease through the remaining overs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
It was hardly flattering on Smith and Boucher as well.

Bangladesh doing okay here, although there's no Murali and Sri Lanka's fielding hasn't been that great. You feel that Bangladesh will never be able to defend a score below 150 because the seamers will just get smashed at the start of the innings and the opposition will then just be able to ease through the remaining overs.
Smith is fat. Bouch has a pretty good physique, good arm and shoulder definition and the gut whilst slighty big is solid. Also, he is the fittest player in the side - beats everyone in the blip test.