• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Stealers Draft

Choose the three best teams.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
Now appears to be a two horse race between kyear and AldoRaine with the other teams unlikely to catch-up, although it is still possible.

Who's game to be the tiebreaker?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I actually really rate Camo's team. What an awesome bowling lineup with bowlers suited for all conditions.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't suppose anyone will be in the least surprised I chose Watson's team - they're all good though - tbh I think we're getting to a stage now where if there are fewer than 10 drafters the sides are always going to be much of a muchness - need to make them trickier, imo
12 players are ideal I would. Imagine.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems there may be a tie, Aldo still to vote though.

Which team though would win head to head though.Comparison between the teams position by position.

Openers: Aldo comfortably.
Middle order: Mine I believe by a smaller margin.
All rounder: Not a huge fan of Faulkner, so will let others be the judge of that position.
Wicketkeeper: Batting wise, Dujon. With the gloves easily Tallon, especially to spin. Faulkner will give Dujon issues.
Pace bowling: Again close, but Marshall and arguably Procter shades everyone of Aldo ' s attack while I personally rate Bishop ahead of Bedser and Croft and probably equal to Roberts.
Spin: Laker and Macartney easily, especially considering the keeping and slips support.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Two of you should get married already instead of stalking each other :p
If I was single...

Although the fact that he prefers Marshall to Lillee would mean that it'd never work out, long term.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Done. MorgieB, Saint Kopite and Cammo. All well balanced sides. kyear unlucky not to get a vote from me. Very hard to choose as most teams are pretty even.

Really like SaintKopites team, lots of my favorite players in there.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Proud to be the only one to not get a single vote
It is a really good team full of value picks. Perhaps just misses out on a marquee player or two to push it over the edge. I am not down playing the great players selected but it is a sneaky good team that would be more competitive on the field than it would be in a vote.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Tough job. Voted for morgieb, cabinet, camo in the end.

Morgieb has a great team really. It's great in all aspects, except Walcott's keeping.

Cabinet has a very strong and deep batting lineup. Pace attack of Ambrose-Donald-Walsh is a personal favorite.

Camo's bowling lineup of Garner-Wasim-Barnes-Warne-Grace is to die for. The supporting batting seems strong enough, Clarke batting at 6 provides stability to the lower middle-order.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voted for Saint Kopite, Camo, and Aldo.

Aldo has a very strong team, no doubts. Has packed in so much firepower in that side. Well done.

SK has an interesting side, like his bowling, and the batting is quite attacking. Very high entertainment value. Well drafted.

Camo's bowling combo is just to die for.

I think Bagapath's side is being hard done. That would be a mother****er to beat on the fifth day.
Would have voted for Pothas but for the presence of Statham. Little things in such a tight draft.
Ankit's team also deserves more votes imo.