• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Power of Hypocrisy - an anti BCCI rant

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's a bit optimistic - certainly Zimbabwe and SA would have surely opposed it no matter what. From what people are telling all the newspapers though (like Morgan), SL, Pakistan and Bangaldesh would have voted the same way the BCCI did.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's a bit optimistic - certainly Zimbabwe and SA would have surely opposed it no matter what. From what people are telling all the newspapers though (like Morgan), SL, Pakistan and Bangaldesh would have voted the same way the BCCI did.
I don't see any reason why SL would like Howard in charge, esp. when Zim and RSA are opposing him...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Put it this way... BCCI knows that CA and ECB can't be counted upon to support them everytime.. Unlike the bloc of RSA, Zim and SL.. So perhaps they decided to side with them in this case than Eng-Aus... Would seem pretty simple reasoning to me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Put it this way... BCCI knows that CA and ECB can't be counted upon to support them everytime.. Unlike the bloc of RSA, Zim and SL.. So perhaps they decided to side with them in this case than Eng-Aus... Would seem pretty simple reasoning to me.
That's sort of the point.

jeevan

International 12th Man
So the once-almost-dead Asian bloc is back? Not good in itself, but the end in this case, justifies the means.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I dont understand this concept of 'Bloc', what is one good thing this bloc has done in last 10 years ? Our stadiums are still crap, we have one of the worst facilities for the players and for spectators, our grounds are in horrible shape. This show of power is nothing but arrogance and isn't going to last.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
yeah coz they never existed before the BCCI... 8-)
If you're going to imply that if the transparency levels and professionalism of England or Australian are not perfect so therefore its not fair to single out the BCCI - it's like saying since Churchill wasn't perfect, Hitler was just as good. It doesn't make any sense.

honestbharani said:
SS, your position on this has become ridiculous now. How about replying to most of the valid queries posted by others earlier?
Really? What position is that? That an organization as unprofessional and intransparent as the BCCI has no business wielding this much power in the world stage? That's a ridiculous position now?

Also, which points would you like me to address?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah coz they never existed before the BCCI... 8-)

SS, your position on this has become ridiculous now. How about replying to most of the valid queries posted by others earlier?
Fortunately, my 4 year old has now learnt that "he did it first" is no excuse for bad behaviour and that everyone is responsible for their own actions

Really the most pathetic excuse and below the level of someone of your obvious intelligence

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fortunately, my 4 year old has now learnt that "he did it first" is no excuse for bad behaviour and that everyone is responsible for their own actions

Really the most pathetic excuse and below the level of someone of your obvious intelligence
IF you care to read the posts before it, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

But then again, understanding the context of something being said before replying does not seem to happen naturally to you. Maybe there is a thing or two you can learn from your 4 year old yourself...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If you're going to imply that if the transparency levels and professionalism of England or Australian are not perfect so therefore its not fair to single out the BCCI - it's like saying since Churchill wasn't perfect, Hitler was just as good. It doesn't make any sense.

Really? What position is that? That an organization as unprofessional and intransparent as the BCCI has no business wielding this much power in the world stage? That's a ridiculous position now?

Also, which points would you like me to address?
The points raised by Jeevan and others.. And yeah, that is what I mean, exactly!!!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IF you care to read the posts before it, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

But then again, understanding the context of something being said before replying does not seem to happen naturally to you. Maybe there is a thing or two you can learn from your 4 year old yourself...
Not going to get into a slanging match with you but I think it's fair to say that any thread involving Indian and/or the BCCI quickly becomes a train-wreck because the usual suspects come out of the woodwork and make the same old tired excuses rather than attempting to argue in a logical fashion

Shri

Mr. Glass
Really? What position is that? That an organization as unprofessional and intransparent as the BCCI has no business wielding this much power in the world stage?
Thats how the world works. Give me one example of some powerful nation that has never been in-transparent in the past?