• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Can I ask how these players are available as emergency replacements.

If they existed in the game, they'd have been snapped up as some would walk into any of the 4 line-ups.

Surely the idea of calling up a replacement is that he's not as good as those missing (or he'd otherwise be in the side anyway)
Emergency replacements are to be used in the case of emergency. You can't displace two good young cricketers for two temps simply because the latter are better. The CWBCC will monitor the use of the replacements.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As submitted by Daniel...

A Feeney
PR Sajith
AJ Garven
+A Lezama
T Weber
BC Cunningham
JR Gray
DK Rai
GS Gooljar
NS Hoy
R Timewell

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A Feeney
PR Sajith
AJ Garven
+A Lezama
T Weber
BC Cunningham
JR Gray
DK Rai
GS Gooljar
NS Hoy
R Timewell

is that with 5 players out through injury i hope so or i am nervous with my name missing lol

Loony BoB

International Captain
Everyone in the VB squad was unavailable, as was Craig (injury). That left us with an automatic squad of 11, although we have a new chap on board our team now (I made that team selection prior to him joining).

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
First game of the season is done and dusted, with a disappointing finish for us. I think us bowlers done a pretty good job to keep the Blacks to 376 and 239, and we just didn't put enough runs on the board in either innings really. Also, why send the other team in on the SCG with the amount of spinners we have? (but i don't know if its under the captains control at all or not....).

-> Off to the nets one and all!

thoughts?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
im back now, posted a few thoughts in the other thread. very dissapointed with my personal performance 8 runs is very poor :( can only go up though :)

bryce

International Regular
hard luck boys, surely things can only get better for us as from now on - no doubt we will put up a strong performance in the next match, oviously i'm happy with 95 on FC debut but would trade it all for some wickets and a good result for the team

bryce

International Regular
age_master said:
If Any green players have any tactical suggestions please post away.
if we have any top order batsman left i think we should play one more instead of an extra bowler