• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
thewizard1o1 said:
Bob,

Blewy's average increased by 3.09. Sanz also increased.

LoD bowling average increased.

But is a great breakdown of our season and shows just how much we have struggled at times.
Oops, fixed, sorry.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ Amen.. im having an extrememly terrible season by the looks..

Im happy with my squad and the team though..would enjoy it better if i could pick up my game certainly..

Majin

International Debutant
I'm quite disappointed with my batting but recently its started to pick up and I hope it'll continue. I'm happy with my bowling. :}

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
as i said im devastated with my average, going well in the opposite of what i had hoped for this season.

scoring rate is solid, compared to most of the rest though Green is superb in scoring rate with Rose the leader, closley followed by myself, Cloete, Blewy and Lord leading amongst the rest :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
note my MSN is age_master2001 @ hotmail dot com

if people wanna suggest stuff or the like it would be much appreciated.

Don

State Vice-Captain
well new season has been annonunced so i say intensive mini training camp so we would be ready for the new season

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
While im away Daniel (loony bob) is in charge, not that too much will be happening, any questions, suggestions or comments can be made to him (anyone who doesn't have his MSN or email post and im sure he will add you). No trading looks like it will be done while im away but if other captains wish to suggest a trade go right ahead :)

Enjoy your week everyone :)
Andrew

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Erm, isn't it all going to be over within a week?

If so, that's going to mean Green have some unhappy players on their hands!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hi Bryce, it's great to have you on board - with the seam attack involving you, Hoy, Rose AND Timewell, we're sure to give them hell on the greener wickets - and we've got a pretty damned good spin attack too, with Weber, Freak, Waughney, Majin and Reuben. :D Great all round team, really - two batting keepers and a lot of solid batsmen to work with too. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loony BoB said:
Hi Bryce, it's great to have you on board - with the seam attack involving you, Hoy, Rose AND Timewell, we're sure to give them hell on the greener wickets - and we've got a pretty damned good spin attack too, with Weber, Freak, Waughney, Majin and Reuben. :D Great all round team, really - two batting keepers and a lot of solid batsmen to work with too. :)
*runs away scared*

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
After the most recent stats release, I got a bit concerned. Look at these figures...

Code:
Pre-season in comparison to now, with the bat...

Player            Pre-Season    Season 7    Difference
Blewy               32.84         35.93       + 3.09
Sanz                12.82         13.80       + 0.98
Nathan Hoy          19.00         19.57       + 0.57
Yaju Arya           12.90          -.--         -.--
Rob Timewell         -.--          8.17         -.--
Abil Dewan          27.38          -.--         -.--
Cloete              57.05         56.96       - 0.09
Jamee999            27.93         26.53       - 1.40
Xavier Rose         22.55         19.40       - 3.15
Age Master          31.63         27.95       - 3.68
Delkap              15.00         10.83       - 4.17
Majin               35.00         29.65       - 5.35
Waughney            36.00         29.17       - 6.83
David Jr.           14.70          6.78       - 7.92
Biased Indian       32.00         24.00       - 8.00
Eyes Only           32.36         20.23       -12.13
Lord of Darkness    32.26         19.78       -12.48
Loony BoB           35.00         21.00       -14.00
Don-Anthony Lezama  34.00         11.00       -23.00

If we're to look at bowling averages...

Player            Pre-Season    Season 7    Difference
Cloete              63.44         36.00       -27.44
David Jr.           38.18         26.72       -11.46
Majin               32.00         25.05       - 6.95
Waughney            24.00         18.50       - 5.50
Xavier Rose         24.10         23.74       - 0.36
Delkap              23.00         23.56       + 0.56
L.o. Darkness       34.07         35.13       + 1.06
Sanz                32.22         36.21       + 3.99
Nathan Hoy          19.00         22.66       + 3.66
Rob Timewell        20.38         26.33       + 5.95
Biased Indian       28.00         40.53       +12.53
I'm not sure how this compares with the rest of the teams, but it's not very encouraging. We really, really need to think about the way we're batting in 5D games... we've only had one player improve on his batting average since the season began. I'm pretty confident we're doing a lot better in OD's and 25Smash, so we know we have potential... but how do we harness it in the long game?

EDIT: Great going to the bowlers as a group this season, though. I've admired you all.

EDIT: Fixed stuff.
hey guys i am not in there :(

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well guys a si was moved from red to blue to green , iw anna say hello to everyone and i hope my stay here is long and happy, hoping to have a long good stint and offer my proffesionism to the green machine in anyway possible.....lets have a killa season guys, and prove we have the team to beat.........

Loony BoB

International Captain
bugssy said:
hey guys i am not in there :(
'twas last seasons ;) Hopefully we'll be doing much better this time around with a lot more players having settled themselves in last season, and that means more players to help support Weber and Bryce as they develop in their maiden seasons. :)

And it's definitely great to have you on board, too, bugs - it's always good to bring in proven performers that are very active in the boards. :D

I really do think we're the team to beat this season, so let's all live up to that!