• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Apologies to Scott for not acknowledging his call-up to the A-team. Feel he was the person we missed most based on his current form.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Then everyone got old/left...

Were utterly crap the first proper season i was here, been slowly rising since.
Hoy and Timewell leaving were huge losses. They took nearly 200 FC wickets between them at about 20 one season. Hoy averaged about 16 with the ball in OD too.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had the likes of Weber/Fitzsimmons and a young Goughy too. Think the last season Weber had at Green he was a huge gun, Fitzsimmons always pretty good in the middle order. Goughy now one of the best OD bowlers.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That's going back a while though, because I can remember Fitzimmons playing for us, Black before that and Blue IIRC before that. I don't remember Fitzsimmons actually playing for Green, so it would've had to be before my time, and before this thread was created because he has no posts in it and his name has been only mentione twice (not including now).

So basically, you've been **** for a while. Stop hanging on to past glories. It's like if we said "we had Mamesh once". Pointless.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Had the likes of Weber/Fitzsimmons and a young Goughy too. Think the last season Weber had at Green he was a huge gun, Fitzsimmons always pretty good in the middle order. Goughy now one of the best OD bowlers.
Goughy's first season was XI, he never played with either of Tarick, Fitzy, Hoy or Timewell.

readie

State Regular
I've been a green man since I first signed up for this:) Still got a season left and love playing here =)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
MSN said:
geg says:
did you ever play for greens?
Simon says:
nope, only blue, black and colts
Hmm.

Oh, remember that time Pickup took 200 wickets for the Colts and we won both titles? That was a great season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Apologies skip, I may have got a bit over-excited after my FC debut.

Rest assured I won't be turning up to games like Symonds does anytime soon.