• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Molehill

International Captain
yeah vanilla personality but looks like a decent person, very impressed with his game around and on the greens, more importantly, doesn't seem to be settler, always hungry for more, has the drive to be (and stay) the best player in the world...like that about him...hatton's back 9 in such windy conditions was pretty spectacular, wasn't it?
I think Hatton got his back 9 done before the real wind properly hit. The 17th became a lottery for the last few groups. Still an amazing 9 though, his second on 18 was astonishing, a 200 yard cut from the pine straw to 10ft.

Scheffler is an all round nice guy, nothing not to like about him. It's interesting that he got hot at exactly this time last year too but then went off the boil. I know players have found it very difficult to defend at the Masters, but it's hard not to see him going very close again given his domination of this event.

Shady Slim

International Coach
tough day for jason day who could've been a lot closer had he had the sorta afternoon that BK did

crazy there were no injuries from the falling trees

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Amateur Sam Bennett in the last group with Koepka and Rahm! Impressive! Let’s see if the kid can hold it together today!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i know the old heads get steaming at brooks bc he's huge and hammers the living daylights out of the ball but **** me his bunker play has been excellent
Bit unfair as Koepka’s all round play is a level above a brute like DeChambeau

He was on the verge of dominating golf prior to his run of injuries

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i know the old heads get steaming at brooks bc he's huge and hammers the living daylights out of the ball but **** me his bunker play has been excellent
He is not just a power player, has plenty of finesse into and around the greens and is an outstanding pressure putter when he is at his confident best…plenty of golf left but sure looks like he is back in that sweet spot right now…Rahm is the only one who can possibly challenge him unless he comes back to the field which looks unlikely…

Shady Slim

International Coach
He is not just a power player, has plenty of finesse into and around the greens and is an outstanding pressure putter when he is at his confident best…plenty of golf left but sure looks like he is back in that sweet spot right now…Rahm is the only one who can possibly challenge him unless he comes back to the field which looks unlikely…
i think that rahm's just got the occasional shocker hole in him this weekend which brooks just doesn't have

social

Loooong way to go

Last time I checked, Brooks had a hard putt for par and Rahm a putt for birdie when play resumes

If an Australian doesn’t win, I would like Koepka for the lols at the anti LIV crew

Rahm seems a decent guy but bring on the drama

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It's going to be awkward when Koepka starts celebrating his 'win' after 54 holes. Even moreso when he doesn't turn up for the final round.
What are you talking about?

never mind, got it now...as arrogant as he can come off, never knew he had that reputation...?

Last edited:

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
gutted for hovland. 1 club too many cost him 2 maybe 3 shots.

missed a break on every hole so far. playing well though so not writing him off from 4 back yet.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
spectacular run from mickelson and spieth...liv now with a strong presence on the first page of the leaderboard with koepka, mickelson and reed...

grecian

I suppose it's a win for a good guys, but it's a bit dull, I'd probably feel better about it if I'd cashed out on Brooks, ho-hum.