• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Of the USOpen, yes, I think we've an appalling record there.
there hasn't been too many english winners at the majors in the 21st century...willett at the 2016 masters, rose at the 2013 u.s open & fitz in 2022, no one at the pga for decades and no one at the open either after faldo in the early 1990s...unless you count british winners of course...so actually your recent record at the u.s open is better compared to the other majors...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The PGA is rumoured to be announcing 3 new tournaments with massive prize money tomorrow

Only took one LIV tournament for them to find more money

Problem is that the cash will almost certainly be going to the guys who don’t need a pay rise

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The PGA is rumoured to be announcing 3 new tournaments with massive prize money tomorrow

Only took one LIV tournament for them to find more money

Problem is that the cash will almost certainly be going to the guys who don’t need a pay rise
link?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the pga tour is in big trouble...koepka is leaving, as is ancer...the over-the-hill 45 somethings leaving was one thing, but johnson, koepka, ancer, na and surely more to follow puts it in serious jeopardy...

grecian

the pga tour is in big trouble...koepka is leaving, as is ancer...the over-the-hill 45 somethings leaving was one thing, but johnson, koepka, ancer, na and surely more to follow puts it in serious jeopardy...
Well quite predictable from Brooks, has never cared much about the normal events, so if he can still play majors not surprising he'sw taken the coasting route.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mcilroy coming up short again, what an effort from cam smith! well done from young as well!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
a clutch par for smith on the 17th and a superb 2 putt birdie from off the green on the 18th to finish off a fantastic round! mcilroy's putter doomed him as it often does...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Smith doesn't rule out LIV, over-the-hill ****s like Stenson defecting is one thing, if more young stars move over, the established tours will be badly hit...I don't think I would have much of a problem with a rival tour if it wasn't for the despicable scumbags sponsoring the show and the sleazoid helming it...

Son Of Coco

Cam Smith! What a legend.

I just found out his home course is about 15 mins down the road from us here. Might drop in and see if I can get some putting tips.

jasmy84

Cricket Spectator
the PGL tried to talk with the PGA tour with basically the exact same format as LIV, but they didn't listen. The PGA tour has had an opportunity to adapt its product but hasn't because honestly, it didn't need to. Now they don't just have a competitor figuring things out, they have someone who has unlimited funds with someone currently in the driver's seat who has an axe to grind against the PGA Tour. Monahan proved he has no foresight before all this started and is now proving he is definitely not a wartime consigliere. So if you aren't good when things are great and you aren't good when things are terrible... when are you good?? I'm looking for some feedback, I tried the MMT in my PXG 0211 and just a little to lose, and i see the TGI 80 has a torque rating of 2.0 and may be able to get them in a set of tour edge for a solid price.