• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really happy for Hideki, seems a nice humble man, had stopped betting on him because I never thought he'd get it done, but good for him, if not for my wallett.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
lydia ko back in the winner's circle...my favorite lpga player of all time along with lorena ochoa...:)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone watching the PGA championship?
I am, got my main money on Louis, but annoyed i didn't back Brooks because of his injury.

Can Phil do it? Nah IMHO, he'll hit a few loose shots and rack up big scores, but who knows, definitely think anyone from even could win, just get in a decentish score, and the course could create demons for the leaders, with some horrible holes at the end.

Kiawah is really a course that should be used more, I guess it's not because it feels more like a british Links course, and maybe the USPGA don't like that.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
that's about as unlucky as you can get in sports...he would have definitely won the tournament in dominant fashion had he played...two players 6 shots back now lead the tournament!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah she is very brittle under pressure...very average on and around the greens in general and the 1st part of her game that falls apart under the gun...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
setting up for an interesting sunday at torrey pines...
  • will a random player like hughes or henley, sheffler or even wolff (the latter two are touted as future stars but still) triumph?
  • rory has never really ground out a major win in really tough conditions before, is he finally ready to do it?
  • will louis get his 2nd one? he has been hovering around the top of major leaderboards for more than a decade with only(!) the open championship to show for it...clearly has the talent to go down as an all-time great, will he finally do it tomorrow...again?
  • will "brooksie" defend his title tomorrow, had an exceptional bogey-free round today?
  • "major" koepka has been a no-show the last two days, will he resurface on sunday, he has probably left himself too much to do at this point...
  • will rahm finally break through on the big stage?
  • i don't see thomas, dj or spieth threatening the lead on sunday but they can toughen up the course with some really penal pin positions tomorrow and then who knows...the field might just start gravitating towards par again...
  • i see a much bigger chance of a monday playoff than in past years.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
looks like it's gonna be oosty vs rahm, everyone else is falling by the wayside...some carnage on the back 9...10, 11 and 12 taking heavy toll of the leaders...