• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:
Not like in cricket where it is possible not to time the ball and still get a four (like a nick) or a dropped catch.

But in cricket you have to hit a moving ball , while in golf you have to hit a sitting duck . Its not like the golf ball is coming towards you at 140 kmph and reverse swinging .It just lies there , waiting to be hit .

Cricket is much harder .

masterblaster

International Captain
Yep, Golf is hard but its a beautiful game. Ive played a couple of times, and I must say I haven't faired too well.

Id love to take it up seriously though, but I dont have the time or the money at this stage.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Youve got to hit a smaller ball a lot further with an impliment with a surface area about 40 times smaller than a cricket bat...

Deja moo said:
But in cricket you have to hit a moving ball , while in golf you have to hit a sitting duck . Its not like the golf ball is coming towards you at 140 kmph and reverse swinging .It just lies there , waiting to be hit .

Cricket is much harder .

V Reddy

International Debutant
Chopra had his best finish on the USPGA Tour with a T8 finish at the Buick Open :) . Vijay won it with 23 under par.

On the Japan PGA Tour, Jyoti had a T6 finish while Jeev Singh and Dinesh Chand finished T26

V Reddy

International Debutant
Just bumped across this thread while browsing past threads

Good to see Vijay Singh being honoured with the Hall of Fame:)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
V Reddy said:
Just bumped across this thread while browsing past threads

Good to see Vijay Singh being honoured with the Hall of Fame:)
Interesting... I still hate golf as much as I did eight months ago. :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Golf has to be one of the hardest sports I have ever taken part in.

Everything has to be absolutely perfect to get the ball to go where you want it, otherwise you will slice/hook it or miss it all together :D
ive been to a golf driving range once, and played once, it certainly is quite difficalt

that said, it certainly has alot less different disiplines than cricket.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
ive been to a golf driving range once, and played once, it certainly is quite difficalt

that said, it certainly has alot less different disiplines than cricket.
Well, that kind depends on how many different shots are required in any one round.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mine's 69, I used to play quite a bit! :D

Now, I'd spend most of my time hitting it sideways I'd imagine.

Kasper

Banned
I played yesterday against a friend of mine, I nearly beat him-he's a good golfer. I did however force him to start ten over par and only use 6 clubs. I finished with 98 strokes, not real good but not hopeless.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
woo hoo... i'm so happy i've refound my passion for golf. not like it was ever gone i spose....

I blitzed it today... I finished with a 3 over 74. I was 2 over through 2 which i spose makes the feat even better in my opinion. and it wasn't an arsey round I just hit the ball so amazingly well!!!

Hoggy31

International Captain
I got a hole-in-one at mini golf once... :renske:

And Tiger Woods was like "wow man your good, would you like to join the tour" and i was like "Nah, im too big for that circuit" :sleep:

Hoggy31

International Captain
But, BUT, did your course have a toilet on it? It takes pure skill to putt around a toilet my friend..