• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL, Australia v New Zealand (THE BATTLE OF THE MITCHELLS) at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/14 Sunday (N)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The probability of a Mitchell making an impact in this game is quite high.

Anyways, a Trans-Tasman bash for the cup. When it comes to winning World Cups, it is fun for Australia...New Zealand, on the other hand, with a WTC title already in their trophy room, will look to add another...and prove that they are the greatest cricketing nation on the planet. A well-oiled machine.

All the best to both teams.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't even realise this forum existed until now. Go Australia I guess. Most nondescript final ever.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I think the best outcome for all concerned is that match is some type of fiasco like the 2019 ODI World Cup except even more of a fiasco leading to the immediate and irrevocable cancellation of all future T20 world cups and internationals and the format itself.
I am holding out for T10. T20 is too much run accumulation and quick singles.
On a serious note either team could win this. Conway is not a major loss given he has been batting number 4 rather than the critical position of opener.
I will not be staying up to watch.
Another good outcome would be Glenn maxwell contracting Hepatitis C moments before the game and then passing out on the field giving new meaning to putting on a big show.
#poor attempt at humour
#required trans Tasman shot across the bows before the game.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I might root for Australia. Unthinkable in past in contest of these 2 teams but NZ has given India so much hurt and pain in past 2.5 years!

Daemon

Man I can’t stop feeling bad for Shaheen. Bowls like a demon all tournament but probably blames himself for the loss now.

edit: spark’d but wtv

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha I think food poisoning is the traditional curse rather than the very oddly specific Hepatitis C

Burgey

Not quite as daft as Jesse Ryder punching a glass window in a public restroom, but equally costly from a NZ POV.
Mike Gatting did a similar thing in 1989 when he got out in a county game. Cost him a test spot that summer iirc. Which may not have been a bad thing given how the series turned out.

Himannv

International Coach
This is completely separate from the game, but ring of fire is a spectacular name for a cricket ground that’s hosting a T20 final.