• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Building Blocks Draft

Teuton

International Captain
Final XI
Graeme Smith
Alastair Cook
David Gower
Patsy Hendren
Dean Jones
Les Ames
Andrew Flintoff
Johnny Wardle
Wes Hall
John Snow
Emanul Haque

I decided to compensate for my worst player by making him 5th bowler/2nd spinner/11th batsman using Ames and Flintoff.
Great opening bats, good middle order, good pace attack, and a legit spinner without any of the the elite ATGs.

ataraxia

International Coach
Final XI
Graeme Smith
Alastair Cook
David Gower
Patsy Hendren
Dean Jones
Les Ames
Andrew Flintoff
Johnny Wardle
Wes Hall
John Snow
Emanul Haque

I decided to compensate for my worst player by making him 5th bowler/2nd spinner/11th batsman using Ames and Flintoff.
Great opening bats, good middle order, good pace attack, and a legit spinner without any of the the elite ATGs.
Which Enamul Haque is it anyway lol

kingkallis

International Coach
Gutsy Graham Thorpe to complete my team

Spinners XI

Arthur Morris /
Graham Gooch / (c)
Frank Woolley / o (4)
Graham Thorpe /
Doug Walters / o (7)
Brendon McCullum + /
Kapil Dev o / (2)
Mitchell Santner / o (5)
Ian Salisbury o / (6)
Ray Lindwall o / (1)
Bill O'Reilly o (3)

McCullum is one spot higher but thats because I was gifted Salisbury & Santner. 2 additional spinners to my champion O'Reilly.

Despite that, I am happy to have strong openers, fantastic middle order, decent pace attack and pretty solid spinners. I doubt anyone comes closer to this team in the sub-continent.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sunil Gavaskar
Usman Khawaja
Kane Williamson
Aravinda de Silva
Clive Lloyd*
Mushtaq Muhammad
Kamran Akmal+
Graeme Swann
Andy Roberts
Dale Steyn
Alec Bedser

May have one or two issues behind the stumps but apart from that it worked out alright I guess.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd have picked Mankad to open instead of Cowie if I'd remembered that I have Wasim. Oh well.

Herbie Taylor to complete the team

Herbert Sutcliffe
Vinoo Mankad (5)
Charlie McCartney
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Herbie Taylor
Norm O’Neill
Keith Miller (2)
Ian Healy+
Trevor Goddard (4)
Frank Foster (1)
Shoaib Akhtar (3)

ataraxia

International Coach
1 Bill Lawry /
2 Gary Kirsten /
3 Zaheer Abbas /
4 Ross Taylor* /
5 Mohammad Yousuf /
6 Rishabh Pant + /
7 Jack Gregory o /
8 Peter Pollock o /
9 Shane Warne o
10 Ashley Mallett o
11 Allan Donald o

Not awful, but peppered with ATVGs.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
My best attempt so far , not saying much as only my second completed draft . Solid batting , great fielding , top strike bowling , wide range of bowling to suite conditions , can play anywhere in the world , strong in their specialization within team not out of place , left hand right hand options , Propper cricketing minds and leaders, great stories and characters etc Ticks all the right boxes for me personally . Had a lot of fun, thank you AndyZatlzHair for hosting and all your effort , also thank you to those who jumped in and helped . Really appreciate it .

1)Barry Richards
2)Herschelle Gibbs
3)Ted Dexter (A/R)
4)Mahela Jayawardene
5)Michael Clarke
6)Adam Gilchrist (W/K)
7)Brian McMillan(A/R)
8)Mitchell Johnson
9)Lasith Malinga
10)Colin Croft
11)Bert Ironmonger