• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

aussie tragic

International Captain
You have Conway at 3 when he's never played a test? Must be pretty good to go above established #3 Labuschagne.

Edit: Also, isn't Imran Tahir retired?

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Active immigrant XI

Matt Renshaw
Usman Khawaja
Devon Conway
Marnus Labuchagne
Ben Stokes
Colin de Grandhomme
BJ Watling
Sam Curran
Jofra Archer
Neil Wagner
Imran Tahir

Eoin Morgan, Chris Jordan and Colin Munro to come in for the one day team.
I know he grew up all around the world, but Curran was born in England.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Almost ATG team of cricketers who played for a country different to their birth (retired only)

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Kepler Wessels
3. Allan Lamb
4. Robin Smith
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Tony Grieg
7. Matt Prior +
8. Phil Defreitas
9. Andrew Caddick
10. Devon Malcom
11. Clarrie Grimmett
12. Andrew Symonds

Interesting to find you could easily make up a second top 7 but quality bowlers hard to find even for the first XI (maybe needed to be bowling in local conditions earlier on?)
Andy Flower
Colin Cowdrey

aussie tragic

International Captain
Updated ATG team of cricketers who played for a country different to their birth (retired only)

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Kepler Wessels
3. George Hedley
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Ted Dexter
6. Tony Grieg (c)
7. Matt Prior +
8. Phil Defreitas
9. Andrew Caddick
10. Devon Malcom
11. Clarrie Grimmett

Stokes, Watling and Wagner may replace 6-8 if current players selected?

Honourable mention:
Nasser Hussain, Jonathon Trott, Archie Jackson, Colin Cowdrey, Allan Lamb, Robin Smith, Basil D'Oliveira, Douglas Jardine, Andrew Symonds, Andy Flower, Geraint Jones, Gladstone Small

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
How is Flower not in there? Even if you don’t rate his keeping compared to Prior, his batting alone is enough to place him in there surely.

aussie tragic

International Captain
How is Flower not in there? Even if you don’t rate his keeping compared to Prior, his batting alone is enough to place him in there surely.
Replacing who? It has a weakish bowling attack for an ATG team so I feel Dexter and Greig are needed. Could swap with Dexter.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Personally I’d replace Dexter, think the gap in their batting would be worth more than Dexters wicket a match.
I never read much about Dexter until he was suggested on the last page but he seems to be a very underrated cricketer, definitely by me.

Andy Flower: 63T, 112 inn, 19no, 4794 runs @ 51.54, 27 fifties, 12 100's, HS 232*

Ted Dexter: 62T, 102 inn, 8no, 4502 runs @ 47.89, 27 fifties, 9 100's, HS 205

I think Dexter's bowling with 66 wkts @ 34.93 (from 80 inn) is worth the extra 7 runs per match given the need for extra bowling in this team.

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
Watchable XI (Favourite cricketers I have seen play)

Virender Sehwag
Herschelle Gibbs
Brian Lara
Babar Azam
Kumar Sangakkara
AB de Villiers
MS Dhoni (c, wk)
Dale Steyn
Curtly Ambrose
Muttiah Muralitharan
Waqar Younis

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Best players who debuted after I was born (retired only)

Sehwag
Hayden
Ponting*
Sangakkara
Younis
Kallis
Gilchrist+
Pollock
Philander
Herath
Steyn

Bowling dominated by SA, batting very Aussie.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Mine would be:

Haynes
Sangakkara
Ponting
Tendulkar
Lara
Kallis
Gilchrist +
Wasim
Warne
Marshall
McGrath

Cheating having Sanga opening but I dont like many other openers.

bagapath

International Captain
Almost ATG team of cricketers who played for a country different to their birth (retired only)

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Kepler Wessels
3. Allan Lamb
4. Robin Smith
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Tony Grieg
7. Matt Prior +
8. Phil Defreitas
9. Andrew Caddick
10. Devon Malcom
11. Clarrie Grimmett
12. Andrew Symonds

Interesting to find you could easily make up a second top 7 but quality bowlers hard to find even for the first XI (maybe needed to be bowling in local conditions earlier on?)
Ranjintsinhji in place of Lamb or Robin Smith?