• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ten players you are glad you saw in their prime

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes! This is why I still love Waqar more than many players who had better overall careers. There was that peak of him - whether the ball was tampered with or not, I don't really care - where he was just bowling such vicious, unstoppable heat. Any bowler that can do that I immediately appreciate them more. I still have fond memories of Shaun Tait bowling for similar reasons.

Those that could combine that speed, that aggression with the pinnacle of skill as well - Malcolm Marshall for me - even better.
100% man. I'm pining for the next guy who does it, although the era of nasty quicks seems to be well behind us

BoyBrumby

Englishman
100% man. I'm pining for the next guy who does it, although the era of nasty quicks seems to be well behind us
I did have high hopes for Jofra. His spell to Smith in the second test of the 2019 Ashes was magnificently brutal; a throwback to the blood, bone and sinew days of yore and showed that, behind that charmingly diffident perma-smile, beats the heart of a properly batsman-hating fast bowler.

Obviously things didn't pan out quite as one might've hoped though.

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Errr Nortje and Wood. Starc had his moments too.

New Indian bowler in the IPL has been cranking it up to 155kph and there was another one before him doing the same. Couple of Pak bowlers, Lockie Ferguson are all up there pace wise.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

New Indian bowler in the IPL has been cranking it up to 155kph and there was another one before him doing the same. Couple of Pak bowlers, Lockie Ferguson are all up there pace wise.
Can't bowl four short ones an over now like you could back then though.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Yep, was gutted not to see Nortje down here, and I absolutely love watching Wood bowl. IPL I could give a **** less about - never going to see that - and Lockie's return to form this summer was genuinely fun to watch. Starc, certainly at his peak but not anymore.

Unfortunately, none of those guys are playing much Test cricket (Wood apart)