• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 a dying format?!

stumpski

International Captain
Can't wait to see the back of Twenty20 tbh, for this season I mean, not permanently, I realise it has its place. I've had a three week break from cricket and there's nearly three more to go. 16 matches hogging the middle of the season was just ridiculous.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Said this on another thread, the scheduling was a joke.

The fact that crowds are down, despite England being World Champions, is a shocking indictment on how the tournament has been run. People want to see box office names, would the IPL organise a tournament when all of the biggest Indian stars were unavailable?

Galactus

Banned
What's your opinion on spinplay, Galactus?
Spinplay will shorten the duration by at least forty minutes it may also make the matches more close

at least it is better than two innings odi

the problem is that three formats together are not working for cricket

test and one more format like pro35 or whatever you call it and a proper balance btwn them may work ?

stumpski

International Captain
50 over format is more dying

Tests are dead man walking

now you say T20 too is dying

so what is left??
If I'd wanted to go to this year's Oval Test I'd have had to buy my ticket by February. I imagine the Ashes Tests will be sell-outs as well.

If Tests aren't doing so well in other parts of the world the home authorities have to look at the reason for that.

If I'd wanted to go to this year's Oval Test I'd have had to buy my ticket by February. I imagine the Ashes Tests will be sell-outs as well.

If Tests aren't doing so well in other parts of the world the home authorities have to look at the reason for that.
the idea of D/N tests sucks

it is a handicap to play under flood lights

test championship idea is far better