• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds: Gawn?

pasag

RTDAS
It said in the Cricinfo article that Symonds was going to put his side of the story, but not until he's back in Aus. Given travel times that means a whole day or two of speculation and all sorts, which is really not good for the team given they play Saturday in a match they have to win.

Someone will have to do a Symonds-esque response to this, in the same way the man himself did when Warne was sent home from the WC.
Will allow his management time to shop around for the best price, though.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I watched it a few times when I was there two years ago and then in 2002-04. Game kicks off about 11am if I remember correctly.
Weird. Must have been a replay or something. Or they've got their facts wrong.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, that's probably why he wasn't meant to be drinking. If he was doing it at 11am when he had other commitments later in the day.

jondavluc

State Regular
Yes I suppose so but its very sad really. Its terrible to see a professional career disintegrate like this.
Agreed very sad indeed.I can admit that I like Symo (Hughest fan really) both as player and many times from what I have seen and heard of as person but he clearly lost the plot over the last couple of years and needs to pay the price.It is a shame he is such a talent and it will be sad if this is the end of his career and to tell you the truth I reckon it should be.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Weird. Must have been a replay or something. Or they've got their facts wrong.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, that's probably why he wasn't meant to be drinking. If he was doing it at 11am when he had other commitments later in the day.
Still going from the night before, if past form plays any indication... :ph34r:

Redbacks

International Captain
Shows the prestige the T20 WC held in his heart.

As I felt at the onset of the IPL auctions: he wants out of the Australian team and to earn his $$ in the IPL and county if possible. He's sending the signals, CA are deciphering them with the wrong key in hope. Damaged goods is a fine resolution for CA, get him with a pissy misdemeanour, as therefore our most exciting player didn't turn his back on international cricket, bringing the integrity of the game into disrepute.

chris jones

Cricket Spectator
It is likely Symonds' international career is now over after this, the latest in a long list of off-field problems.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Can't see him coming back from this, IPL only for Symonds now. Interesting that both he and Shoaib Akhtar are missing the tournament for what are essentially discipline problems. Also Shoaib's crap now anyway.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yea club cricket. Going down to watch the NZ-SAF game on Tues. :)
Which club you at? I'd say give a shout out to Jeets for me but unfortunately he isn't in the T20 squad. Though he is flittering about the county circuit.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Which club you at? I'd say give a shout out to Jeets for me but unfortunately he isn't in the T20 squad. Though he is flittering about the county circuit.
West Bromich Dartmouth. I played against him last week. Devon CCC vs Warwickshire CCC in a T20.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Symonds really is the single biggest idiot in cricket. I know that goes without saying but Christ, is ****ing up a potentially quality career his raison d'etre?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just been watching BBWC

Kobe Bryant (accused rapist) on verge of greatest accolade in his sport

Symonds (pisshead) sent home

What a ****in joke!

Let's get some perspective, people!

Smith

Banned
Just been watching BBWC

Kobe Bryant (accused rapist) on verge of greatest accolade in his sport

Symonds (pisshead) sent home

What a ****in joke!

Let's get some perspective, people!
Why should anyone act as NBA fans and authorities do? They aren't the last word in sport are they?