• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds: Gawn?

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Na gives every team a fair go, gotta love the attitude.

Also where the ****ing hell did you come from you haven't been posting at all and you pop up at 1am. :ph34r:
Yea I was probably a bit harsh. Oh well.

I lurk, plus I'm in England so it's 2 pm. :)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
He was out watching the Origin match with some teammates and had a couple of drinks. Hmm... sounds like that can't be the whole story?

pasag

RTDAS
He was out watching the Origin match with some teammates and had a couple of drinks. Hmm... sounds like that can't be the whole story?
The team's going in the right direction if they start throwing out people who watch rugby league, imho :ph34r:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The team's going in the right direction if they start throwing out people who watch rugby league, imho :ph34r:
Actually, I re-read the article and it says "While not a serious offence, Symonds' alcohol consumption contravened his personal guidelines with Cricket Australia that were formed following his counselling sessions in the wake of a string of indiscretions. It is understood the restrictions left Symonds not knowing his place in the team."

Which when you put it like that does make it sound like more than just having a couple of drinks.

jondavluc

State Regular
This has got to be the funniest thing ever:laugh:.Andrew Symonds gets in trouble for fishing and watching the footy and had too much to drink.Whats next? Andrew Symonds misses a cricket match for poker night with the boys.:laugh:

Last edited:

jondavluc

State Regular
Who is the bigger idiot ?

* Shoaib Akhtar
* Mohd Asif
* Andrew Symonds
Shoaib Akhtar
-takes Drugs
-hits cricket player with a bat
-had *** with a girl with a dirty ******

Andrew Symonds drinks too much.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This has got to be the funniest thing ever:laugh:.Andrew Symonds gets in trouble for fishing and watching the footy.Whats next? Andrew Symonds misses a cricket match for poker night with the boys.:laugh:
He was drinking when he was not supposed to and when he had committed he wouldn't be.

Thats why he is out. Lets not assume everyone who handles Australian team matters is an a***hole and our favourite player is an angel from heaven.

None of knows the exact details at this point in time but we must at least credit the authorities with some sense of responsibility towards the team and Cricket Australia.

If they have sent him home we must assume they have good enough reasons to do so.

jondavluc

State Regular
He was drinking when he was not supposed to and when he had committed he wouldn't be.

Thats why he is out. Lets not assume everyone who handles Australian team matters is an a***hole and our favourite player is an angel from heaven.

None of knows the exact details at this point in time but we must at least credit the authorities with some sense of responsibility towards the team and Cricket Australia.

If they have sent him home we must assume they have good enough reasons to do so.
I'm not saying it wasn't right it was most likely right but the ways Andrew Symonds gets in trouble is funny.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cricket Australia had a press conference a couple of hours ago, whilst Ricky Ponting is facing the media at the moment.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not saying it wasn't right it was most likely right but the ways Andrew Symonds gets in trouble is funny.
Yes I suppose so but its very sad really. Its terrible to see a professional career disintegrate like this.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sutherland looked like he was about to cry.
It was really weird. Was sort of those press conferences where a parents is appealing to their daughter's abductor to let him go, and then bursts into tears. Was quite uncomfortable hearing him talk like he was about to break-down. :dry:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It said in the Cricinfo article that Symonds was going to put his side of the story, but not until he's back in Aus. Given travel times that means a whole day or two of speculation and all sorts, which is really not good for the team given they play Saturday in a match they have to win.

Someone will have to do a Symonds-esque response to this, in the same way the man himself did when Warne was sent home from the WC.