• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Somewhat typically my prediction about the Canes scoring 50 points didn't eventuate in the end but still a good win and it all but secures a semi final spot, if not a home one. The Chiefs game next week could be interesting though with the Reds to play in week 14, its pretty hard to see the Hurricanes missing out.

Not overly impressed by the draw for this round, no Saturday night match in New Zealand and only one in Australia - bumper weekend for South African fans though with five matches in the Republic...

cometer

State Regular
Why would you back the Reds. In 14 outings against the Brumbies they've only ever won once :p. Losing Barnes pretty much determined the game before it had even started.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why would you back the Reds. In 14 outings against the Brumbies they've only ever won once :p. Losing Barnes pretty much determined the game before it had even started.
I didn't know that stat but usually when I oppose the Reds, they win.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Lack of bonus point will hurt the Sharks.

Had so many guilt edge try opportunities and I lost count of how many handling errors they made. :sleep:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The Chiefs beating the Stormers has given them a massive boost at making the top four now - with 37 points they look like only requiring one win against either the Hurricanes or Chiefs, or even if they lose both but collect 2-3 bonus points if other results are in their favour. If the Waratahs can beat the Sharks next weekend that'll make for an interesting final round, otherwise the top four as they stand might well be all but decided before round 14 even starts.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Twelve Results (out of 7):
BoyBrumby 7
Cometer 7
Voltman 7
Simon 6
Somerset 6
Ripper868 5
Samuel_Vimes 5
TT Boy 5

Standings after week twelve:
Cometer 54
Somerset 52
BoyBrumby 50
TT Boy 50
Voltman 48
Ripper868 45
Samuel_Vimes 45
Simon 40
Clapo 26
99* 22
Luffy 9

cometer

State Regular
The Chiefs beating the Stormers has given them a massive boost at making the top four now - with 37 points they look like only requiring one win against either the Hurricanes or Chiefs, or even if they lose both but collect 2-3 bonus points if other results are in their favour. If the Waratahs can beat the Sharks next weekend that'll make for an interesting final round, otherwise the top four as they stand might well be all but decided before round 14 even starts.
Agree with that. I think there's only 2 sides with any chance of falling out. Chiefs and Sharks are about the only two who might stumble although I doubt it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I meant to say the Chiefs need either one win against the Hurricanes or Brumbies, not the Chiefs of course.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The Sharks play the Bulls last game, so both sides will be desperate for a bonus point next week.

Just watching the Sharks yesterday and they looked nervous and it won't help them that their influential scrum-half is likely to be banned for a couple of weeks. Bulls in contrast look quietly assured.

Would have been nice if the Stormers did them a favour yesterday.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Thirteen Fixtures:
Crusaders vs Reds
Lions vs Highlanders
Chiefs vs Hurricanes
Brumbies vs Blues
Sharks vs Waratahs
Bulls vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Force

----

Crusaders
Highlanders
Hurricanes
Brumbies
Sharks
Bulls
Stormers

ripper868

International Coach
Crusaders vs Reds
Lions vs Highlanders
Chiefs vs Hurricanes
Brumbies vs Blues
Sharks vs Waratahs
Bulls vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Force

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Crusaders
Highlanders
Chiefs
Brumbies
Sharks
Bulls
Force

Somers & I going down to the wire in the dream team comp too. I trail by 14 currently.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Crusaders vs Reds
Lions vs Highlanders
Chiefs vs Hurricanes
Brumbies vs Blues
Sharks vs Waratahs
Bulls vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Force

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crusaders vs Reds
Lions vs Highlanders
Chiefs vs Hurricanes
Brumbies vs Blues
Sharks vs Waratahs
Bulls vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Force

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd give the Waratahs half a chance against the Sharks TBH, don't want to change my selection though for fear of the Sharks then winning. Franscois Steyn gone for the season and Kockott suspended for a week (though Ruan Pienaar is a more than adequate replacement).

And good to see Waikato Stadium sold out for the Chiefs vs Hurricanes match. If they can pack 80,000 into a stadium for Welsh and English-based sides littered with foreigners, then 25,000 between the two leading sides in the Super 14 (at least as far as the points table is concerned) should really have been expected.

cometer

State Regular
Crusaders vs Reds
Lions vs Highlanders
Chiefs vs Hurricanes
Brumbies vs Blues
Sharks vs Waratahs
Bulls vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Force