• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stats draft-2014

Camo999

State 12th Man
Lawry
Woodfull
Lara
Border 6
Walcott
Greig 5
Gilchrist
Imran 1
Hall 2
B Johnston 3
Gupte 4

Interestingly both Johnston and Greig can bowl pace or spin depending on the conditions. Plenty of captaincy options too.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take Flintoff. But if Coronis wants him before his 12 hours are up, then I'll take Chris Cairns to complete my lineup instead. (I rate them equally anyways, so no worries).

Saeed Anwar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Denis Compton
Clive Lloyd*
Andy Flower+
Wilfred Rhodes (5)
Andrew Flintoff / Chris Cairns (3)
Jim Laker (4)
Michael Holding (2)
Glenn McGrath (1)

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Sir Jack Hobbs /
2. Desmond Haynes /
3. Ken Barrington /
4. Dudley Nourse /
5. Sir Frank Worrell / o (4)
6. Doug Walters / o
7. Ian Healy + /
8. Richie Benaud o / (5)
9. Ray Lindwall o / (2)
10. Fred Trueman o (1)
11. John Snow o (3)

Pretty happy with this team. Will we have 12th round?

Last edited:

watson

Banned
I'll take Flintoff. But if Coronis wants him before his 12 hours are up, then I'll take Chris Cairns to complete my lineup instead. (I rate them equally anyways, so no worries).

Saeed Anwar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Denis Compton
Clive Lloyd*
Andy Flower+
Wilfred Rhodes (5)
Andrew Flintoff / Chris Cairns (3)
Jim Laker (4)
Michael Holding (2)
Glenn McGrath (1)
If Rhodes is to bowl at all then he should bat at 8 or lower, and Flintoff at 7 IMO.

Rhodes peak bowling period was between 1899 and 1905 when he took 76 wickets at 19 runs each. Only on 2 occasions during those 6 years did he bat higher than 8, and even then it was probably to be cannon fodder on a sticky wicket.

After that period his bowling fell away considerably as he exchanged his bowling skills for batting skills so that he could open with Hobbs. From 1906 to 1930 he took just 51 wickets at 38 runs each. Some difference.

(Incidently, that's Rhodes bowling in my avatar)

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Younis Khan

1. Geoff Boycott
2. Gary Kirsten
3. Younis Khan
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Jacques Kallis (5)
6. Gary Sobers* (4)
7. Kumar Sangakkara+
8. Shaun Pollock (2)