• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRT - How many runs left?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At least in this Me Me Me series we don't have to listen to some **** sing "True Blue" like we did for 4 tests of the Steve Waugh farewell.

Also at least India will actually win the series too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least in this Me Me Me series we don't have to listen to some **** sing "True Blue" like we did for 4 tests of the Steve Waugh farewell.

We get that ****ful sitar music instead.

Burgey

Which is still better than john Williamson.

And they're both better than that Elbow ****. A ****ing musical funeral home. What a dirge.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I know hey, the bloke annihilated team after team in the most important tournament for an Indian cricket fan. How the hell is that forgotten.
God he was scary in the game against us, though amazingly Strauss matched it. I'd guess the reason it gets forgotten is because the final was all about Dhoni and its the final people remember.

Daemon

God he was scary in the game against us, though amazingly Strauss matched it. I'd guess the reason it gets forgotten is because the final was all about Dhoni and its the final people remember.
Hmm, not completely accurate. Everyone seems to remember the match winning knock against Pakistan where he was dropped like 5 times as well as Yuvraj's mots performances and Zaheer's consistently top class bowling. The rest of what he did in the series is largely forgotten though, mostly due to the public getting used to big runs from him. He'd been in crazy good form since '07/08 after all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I wonder if he might have been better off retiring then, but obviously the 100X100 awaited

Burgey

Get this ****. Wouldn't have seen tendulkar's last scg dig if I hadn't sprung a members ticket for him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Now, look. I don’t hate Tendulkar, I don’t even dislike him. I like him a hell of a lot more than some of the other ****s on the international circuit right now. What I hate, is this idea…that he is somehow the best, because he is not. Jacques Kallis is the best. There’s one thing in the world that Tendulkar is better at than Kallis is, and that’s getting people to kiss his arse. Kallis is the best cricketer in the world, and has been for a considerable time now, and he’s been vilified and hated on because of it simply because he doesn’t have the rapid, facile and sycophantic fanboy following that Tendulkar has.

In order to reach this level of stardom that Tendulkar has you evidently have to jump through a number of imaginary hoops in order to satisfy various criteria. Having reflected on this for a while, it’s dawned on me that these imaginary hoops are just that. They are completely imaginary. The only thing that is real is that Kallis’ ability is greater than any other batsman out there in the world, and this has been consistently proved day in and day out for god knows how long now. Nobody can touch him. And yet, no matter how many times he proves it, he’s not plastered all over various pieces of merchandise, he’s not on the cover of the matchday program, he’s not on the poster for the cricket world cup, he’s not on ****ty chat shows, but the fact of the matter is that he should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that Tendulkar gets all this despite the fact that he’s been clapped out for the best part of half a decade and Kallis doesn’t makes me sick.

Oh hey, let me get something straight. All of you who are bagging on me for the angle I’m taking on this, you are as big a part of this problem as anyone else. You’re the ones buying this merchandise, staring lovingly at the posters that Kallis’ face isn’t on, you’re the ones buying into this massive media circus which has elevated this clapped out old duffer to Demigod status, and aided what can only be described as a massive vanity project.

Even worse, is that once Tendulkar is gone, some of you fools will continue to buy into this crap. You’re still going to pour money and affection into this nonsense. He’s just a spoke on the wheel. I’d like to think that things will improve upon his retirement, but the fact is his role will only be taken over by the idiotic Virat Kohli or some other idiot. This whole episode, and the huffings and puffings of an old man trying to cling to the status he once had is just reflective of the way that mediocrity is too often mistaken for excellence, and actual excellence is relegated to insignificance. It’s despicable.
tl;dr

Kallis is selfish and sucks, Tendulkar is the best and you're wrong.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tendulkar is the best at getting people to suck up to him. You are just QED of this. Snap out of it man.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OS, fantabulous post! Grecian, amazing post! When it comes to Sachin, it apparently seems okay on CW to say "some Indian fans" when it is obviously meant in a derogatory manner towards a multi-million fan base, who oh-so-badly need to be educated as to how they should follow cricket, and cheer for their hero.

Burgey

OS, fantabulous post! Grecian, amazing post! When it comes to Sachin, it apparently seems okay on CW to say "some Indian fans" when it is obviously meant in a derogatory manner towards a multi-million fan base, who oh-so-badly need to be educated as to how they should follow cricket, and cheer for their hero.
Yeah heaven forbid people might voice their opinion on these things.

-------------------

Hopefully this game we will see a few of the trade mark shots - the drives down the ground and the flick off the toes. Be nice to have a few of those in his last test.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
A backfoot drive through the point region with him on his toes would top it off!

But yeah agree with Jono, i can sense a bowled dismissal followed by him squatting down so as to suggest that the ball had kept low :p