• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2 months of clearance for the next 10 years -.-

Why can't IPL just be a one month affair so every board can make a window for it, players earn their money without missing international games and everyone is happy. And ffs, allow Pakistani players to come over.

jashan83

U19 Captain
I don't know whther it's in 2012 but there is talk about it in SL. Matches will be played in SL / UAE and Pakistan (if possible). Oil lords will be funding the tournement as well as some multi national companies as well. The talk is that the boards of the countries that send their players will be payed a hefty fee to encouraging to send players.
There is no collaboration between PCB and SLCB.

The Sri Lankan version is known as SLPL. It had got sponsorship of 1.75 M$ / year for 3 years from an Indian company based in Singapore. It will have both T20, OD and Four Day formats. In July this year we will have the OD and 4 Day formats

The PCB thing they have been talking for years. They cannot host it in Pak so they plan to host in UAE. It is proposed to be called PPL.

You can search SLPL and PPL and find articles on net as well as cricinfo.

And lastly there have been no talks to any Gulf Oil sheeikhs money coming in, simple ROI. Even by the acknowledgment of SLPL and PPL they are and cannot match IPL. Hence they have kept different timings.

Only thing would be that Pakistan players would earn some money though not similar to their counterparts in India, SL and other test nations but still some other source of money

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Wouldn't it be a good investment opportunity for investers in UAE because of the large Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi people living and working there?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't it be a good investment opportunity for inverters in UAE because of the large Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi people living and working there?
I doubt they have many power-cuts over there, though. :smartass:

Howsie

International Captain
Big Bash and IPL are two entirely different animals. For the record, Bigbash does not have even 1/2 of the number of games the IPL has and how many international players are represented in Big bash?
The IPL is much larger, I do realise that, but players are still going to be able to make some serious money playing in the Big Bash, money that I doubt they'll see playing domestic cricket in India. Not to mention the exposure they could get if they're a relatively unkown player in this part of the world, exposure that could see them pick up other playing opportunities around the world.

I wonder if the same people who argue for players to be able to make a decent living for themselves would do the same in this situation?

brockley

International Captain
Yes shah.
With all these tournaments round the world it will give domestic players extra cash and extra exposure.Doubt international players.
Aiden blizzard and lee carleldine have played in bangladeshes comp,and numerous players in nz comp.
Then america is going to do its own ipl,and its got sponsorship too.
The srilankan one is good july is a clear window for a lot of international cricketers and domestic cricketers.

Bun

Banned
The IPL is much larger, I do realise that, but players are still going to be able to make some serious money playing in the Big Bash, money that I doubt they'll see playing domestic cricket in India. Not to mention the exposure they could get if they're a relatively unkown player in this part of the world, exposure that could see them pick up other playing opportunities around the world.

I wonder if the same people who argue for players to be able to make a decent living for themselves would do the same in this situation?
bcci has clarified it will not let players go when a domestic season is on

also indian players have an ipl, which will reward them much more than big bash can ever imagine, if they do their stuff well. big bash anyway will find it hard to -afford' the biggie indian players anyways... and I highly doubt whether there will be demand for the second or third tiers...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
These sort of leagues will give some of the lesser paid cricketers to make a good living. Of course they won't be paid as much as IPL (unless the US hosts one) but they will be able to make a comfortable living. So I guess I don't see any problems with it.

Borges

International Regular
bcci has clarified it will not let players go when a domestic season is on
The BCCI does not want any competition for the IPL, period. Domestic season etc. is just an excuse.

Last year, they pulled Sehwag and a few others at the last moment from the T20 that they play in England with 54 metre boundaries.

Bun

Banned
The BCCI does not want any competition for the IPL, period. Domestic season etc. is just an excuse.

Last year, they pulled Sehwag and a few others at the last moment from the T20 that they play in England with 54 metre boundaries.
I see no wrong in that.

but sometimes they take it too far. like piyush chawla denied an opportunity to play in county cricket while not being in any squad selected for india etc

smash84

The Tiger King
I see no wrong in that.

but sometimes they take it too far. like piyush chawla denied an opportunity to play in county cricket while not being in any squad selected for india etc
that's harsh with chawla