• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Pull Out

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I want to see a Champions Trophy with only 2 teams involved. :)

It would make me chuckle at the farce of the event, the pig headedness of certain people and the incompetant organisation and leadership.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I want to see a Champions Trophy with only 2 teams involved. :)

It would make me chuckle at the farce of the event, the pig headedness of certain people and the incompetant organisation and leadership.
Afghanistan and the hosts :lol:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If nothing else, well done to SA for taking a stand. It's frustrating to see so many of the other boards being so indecisive about this.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I hope they all say we are not playing, that way the Aussie Cricketers don't have to put their lives at risk just to play a tournament.

pup11

International Coach
Why not just let Iraq host this tournament, and have water-tight security there, that would also help globalise the game!!
This way the cricket world is surely heading towards a split, likes of Steve Waugh and Michael Clarke already hinted at this, the Asian block is becoming just way too bull-headed in their approach after every passing day, they just need to look at things with logic, a bomb went off near Islamabad yesterday killing atleast 50 people, so rather than trying to provide security to the innocent citizens of Pakistan, PCB is just hell bent on staging this tournament at any cost, and trying to tell the whole world that everything is perfectly fine in their country.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
England, NZ and Aus may well follow suit now that SA has taken this action. It seemed like a case of each country not wanting to be the first to pull out for fear of getting all the blame. SA have just made it alot easier!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Farcical tournament. Would find it hilarious if they move it and India/Pakistan decide to boycott it. Our lads need a break anyway so wouldn't have a problem with that happening.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Theres a rude joke to be made in connection to the thread title, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Expected, I think. I'll be happy as long as it is not moved. India/Pakistan should boycott if it is. It should probably be canceled if a couple more countries pull out (as is expected).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India/Pakistan boycotting if it is moved is very childish IMO, though I can see why they would do it if they genuinely feel everybody would be safe in Pakistan.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha...excellent, Jono, excellent.

Got the haughty Englishman right between the eyes there :laugh:
:-O

First recorded incidence of anyone from The Wirral being described as "haughty". GIMH's clearly being hanging around with us southern snobs for too long; he'll be getting out of the shower to take a piss next.

Anyway, as DCYE suggests, an interesting call. I'd guess it's a player-lead pull-out as the SA board seems to have invariably supported the Asian bloc of late.