• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slow clap....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To the mods for closing the offending thread in CC after a ****ing day of piling on.

You blokes are completely ****ed in the head and have not a sliver of common sense, character or perspective about you. Not one. Too busy pandering to the brain dead cabal to do your ****ing jobs

Honestly, toss it in, all of you. You’re an embarrassment.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
I've just read the last page and a half on that thread. It did escalate with the Randell jibe. I think the poster who made it would probably reconsider if he had his time again. Anyway I think it was a good but tardy decision to close it. The thread did unfairly impose on stephen's humour and perhaps an obligation not to complain when he had every right to. Good work bringing up the issue in that thread.

Burgey

It's the ****ing hypocrisy of these idiots that gets me.

And as far as ventilating this on here instead of emailing them, they can **** right off as well. They never deign to respond and explain their own stupidity.

I genuinely don't care if people have a crack at me, I honestly dgaf as long as they aren't into my family or asserting I've committed some type of crime. But to let that thread go on for the better part of a day until someone other than the poor bastard getting hammered said something, and to have a mod partake in it is ****ing woeful. Honestly as pathetic as any bad modding I've seen on here, and Dog knows that is legion.

Yet you have a spat with someone in a thread, call out someone being an idiot on a 24/7 basis or even call an old bloke sanctimonious, and you cop an infraction.

You blokes let these flat out fools, and they are fools, stink up the forum with piles of excrement without penalty, then wonder why people arc up at it. Enough. Just resign, all of you. You're making the place putrid.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah there's not much to say here other than that letting that thread remain open for that long was a dick move on our behalf.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a strange hill for Burgey to die on when this sort of thing goes on somewhat regularly with (usually slow) moderator action following, sledger's 'critiques' of Furball (I think) posts a few months back come to mind, yet I don't see the outrage there

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Right now Burgey is like the white guy taking offence on behalf of minorities

Fair enough if he feels strongly about moderator standards I just don't see the big deal of this instance, stephen didn't appear to either

Burgey

Probably wasn't the outrage with Furball because he wasn't called a pedophile. And tbf, a few months ago these numpties weren't all over people having a crack at each other like a fat kid on a Krispy Kreme like they (selectively) are now.

Burgey

Right now Burgey is like the white guy taking offence on behalf of minorities

Fair enough if he feels strongly about moderator standards I just don't see the big deal of this instance, stephen didn't appear to either
Errgh. Get in the bin, ****. Seriously.

Flem274*

123/5
i thought it was good natured until the photo of the guy who looks like don brash was posted and the thread took a turn. i take it he's not a great dude?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I totally misread that situation. I thought it was just an in-joke I hadn't seen yet. Like I didn't even put it down to "gentle ribbing"; I didn't even consider that he'd dislike the thread at all.

If someone created that thread about me I wouldn't file it away under "I don't care if people take cracks at me"; I'd just not register it (the thread itself -- some of the posts towards the end were clearly cracks) as a crack at me in the first place. But the Second Spitter posts and stephen's own admission that the entire thread didn't make him feel great showed me to be totally wrong in that assessment. It's probably something Spark would've closed immediately as that's more of his modding strength than me, but he hadn't seen it and I totally misinterpreted it as a bit of a forum fun rather than a jibe between two people who apparently don't get along. Totally my fault.

Burgey deciding to blow it up as some huge scandal because he's sad about his ban notwithstanding, my bad.

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah I totally misread that situation. I thought it was just an in-joke I hadn't seen yet. Like I didn't even put it down to "gentle ribbing"; I didn't even consider that he'd dislike the thread at all.

If someone created that thread about me I wouldn't file it away under "I don't care if people take cracks at me"; I'd just not register it (the thread itself -- some of the posts towards the end were clearly cracks) as a crack at me in the first place. But the Second Spitter posts and stephen's own admission that the entire thread didn't make him feel great showed me to be totally wrong in that assessment. It's probably something Spark would've closed immediately as that's more of his modding strength than me, but he hadn't seen it and I totally misinterpreted it as a bit of a forum fun rather than a jibe between two people who apparently don't get along. Totally my fault.

Burgey deciding to blow it up as some huge scandal because he's sad about his ban notwithstanding, my bad.
If you actually gave a **** instead of posting the whole missive in order to try to redeem yourself, you wouldn't have included the bolded, would you?

You and those who hold the same role are in no position whatsoever to deflect in this instance or to complain in general about people ranting on here re moderator standards when none of you respond to corro forwarded via email, which is what you request people do in the first place. That in itself is indicative of a group that's flat out broken and needs ****ing over.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The thread clearly takes a turn on page 2 after PEWS stops posting, he is not complicit in that sense.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

And as far as ventilating this on here instead of emailing them, they can **** right off as well. They never deign to respond and explain their own stupidity.

I genuinely don't care if people have a crack at me, I honestly dgaf as long as they aren't into my family or asserting I've committed some type of crime. But to let that thread go on for the better part of a day until someone other than the poor bastard getting hammered said something, and to have a mod partake in it is ****ing woeful. Honestly as pathetic as any bad modding I've seen on here, and Dog knows that is legion.

Yet you have a spat with someone in a thread, call out someone being an idiot on a 24/7 basis or even call an old bloke sanctimonious, and you cop an infraction.

You blokes let these flat out fools, and they are fools, stink up the forum with piles of excrement without penalty, then wonder why people arc up at it. Enough. Just resign, all of you. You're making the place putrid.
You set the standard of a pile on being unacceptable once a certain line is crossed (which happened in this case) then later lambasted a mod for taking part even though his posting occurred before the line was crossed

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Everyone knows this thread only exists because you just copped a ban.

If you actually gave a **** instead of posting the whole missive in order to try to redeem yourself, you wouldn't have included the bolded, would you?
Yes and if you actually gave a **** instead of posting the whole missive in order to wedge the mods about your own ban, you wouldn't have included the bolded, would you?

You blokes let these flat out fools, and they are fools, stink up the forum with piles of excrement without penalty, then wonder why people arc up at it.
Enough. Just resign, all of you. You're making the place putrid.
I made an error of judgement as to the nature of a thread and closed to about six posts later than I should have, and I apologised for it. Stuff like that happens all the time with volunteer moderation teams on forums across the internet, and it always will. I don't think it's the scandal of the century and I don't think you do either. We know what you're doing. Whenever you cop seven you send a couple of emails, then come back and kick up as big a stink as possible about whatever issues pop up for three weeks in attempts to make us subconsciously think "ugh it's not actually worth banning for a week if we have to deal with all that will follow", so you can go on dropping veiled personal attacks left, right and centre.

And the emails you actually do send. Ugh. I'm not going to breach your privacy by actually quoting them, but when you start emails by aggressively asking if we're kidding ourselves, or put up defences that are clearly in no way mitigating like asking us to explain why something isn't true (newsflash: nowhere in the rules does it say personal attacks have to false for them to get infractions) then yeah we probably won't bother replying. Asking you to email us instead of ranting on the forum was in no way a promise to actually reply to the emails; we were just making it clear that it was preferred method of receiving of your rants.

Our moderation of 5-point infractions is never going to perfectly consistent. I can't promise it will be and neither can anyone else who'd be appointed in my place. But if you consistently post how you do, every so often you're going to cop three of them and have a week off. Sometimes the three won't even be for your three worst posts, but it's bit like what happens if you consistently speed on the highway. You might get pulled up going 4km/hr over the speed limit when you sometimes go more than 12 and get away with it, but if you do all the time you're eventually going to be sat down for a little while. I love you as a forum personality and I still want to buy you that beer so we can chat in person instead of this less-good dispute resolution platform, but when you're this guy then copping short bans sometimes is basically an occupational hazard. If you don't want it to happen then change your posting habits.

I hope you appreciate the honest and public response as opposed to the canned annoying corporate speak I could've given you instead, but I know there's an even chance you'll just call it unprofessional and declare my position untenable instead. Meh.

Last edited:

Burgey

Maximas, you're like Sandival on Pump Rules, always defending the DJ bloke who's constantly a ****, regardless of what he says or does.

He engaged in a pile on. Fine. If that's what he wanted to do, good on him. But he abrogates his right to take any action against other people when he does something like that, surely? These are the same dribblers who hand out infractions and bans in a New York minute when it suits them. They can't have it both ways here.