• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slow clap....

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If someone describes another forum poster being referred to as a kiddy fiddler as a storm in a tea cup, they presumably don’t mind being referred to as one themselves

The context of the comment seemed self-evident, but you know, brains etc
Yeah but I'm not sure how you're construing that meaning from my original post, you came out swinging at the moderators when it turns out they just left a thread open too long after it turned ugly and didn't reply to some emails we'd all love to see - that was the storm in a teacup. Brains ect

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PEWS has anyone ever told you that you use a remarkable amount of numbers and percentages to make points in your posts. Instead of saying something is 'unlikely but possible' you'd say 'more than 0% chance' or something similar

It's kinda cool. You're like a computer

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but I'm not sure how you're construing that meaning from my original post, you came out swinging at the moderators when it turns out they just left a thread open too long after it turned ugly and didn't reply to some emails we'd all love to see - that was the storm in a teacup. Brains ect
*etc. Brains, etc.

because your post simply said "storm in a tea cup"

You must put context in your posts. It's important. Do better.

Daemon

Mods please lock this thread, it’s a disgrace that we’re leaving it open and allowing every tom dick and harry to pile on Burgey.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey it was only post 5 or 6 when I got called a kiddy fiddler and there's been multiple posts by mods since, they'll have some strongly worded emails on the way

Burgey

Mods please lock this thread, it’s a disgrace that we’re leaving it open and allowing every tom dick and harry to pile on Burgey.
No leave it open. It's good to hold the Mods to account. I'm more than happy with the thread. Please carry on.

Burgey

OS commenting on posting standards and hypocrisy. Irony dying a slow death in the corner.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wasn't really online when the whole thing happened I don't think, but it seems like thread was closed shortly after the pedo comment was seen and the thread was reported. PEWS's comment in the thread was well before that and the thread could be seen as gentle ribbing until that post. How are we to know whether Gob and Stephen aren't best mates outside of CW and the thread wasn't an extension of some msn convo or something? I think Stephen even commented in the thread and didn't report until after Burgey had his say in that thread.

Same with that Furball thread, for all I know, he was in on the joke, and closing wasn't warranted to me at that point, but as soon as he reported it, the thread was closed.

Not sure what else you expect mods to do. Keep a spreadsheet on who is buds with whom?
Excuse me but I've demanded your resignation

Bijed

International Regular
PEWS has anyone ever told you that you use a remarkable amount of numbers and percentages to make points in your posts. Instead of saying something is 'unlikely but possible' you'd say 'more than 0% chance' or something similar

Inb4 PEWS responds with an really precise "yeah, 13,817 people have told me that"

Daemon

I wasn't really online when the whole thing happened I don't think, but it seems like thread was closed shortly after the pedo comment was seen and the thread was reported. PEWS's comment in the thread was well before that and the thread could be seen as gentle ribbing until that post. How are we to know whether Gob and Stephen aren't best mates outside of CW and the thread wasn't an extension of some msn convo or something? I think Stephen even commented in the thread and didn't report until after Burgey had his say in that thread.

Same with that Furball thread, for all I know, he was in on the joke, and closing wasn't warranted to me at that point, but as soon as he reported it, the thread was closed.

Not sure what else you expect mods to do. Keep a spreadsheet on who is buds with whom?
Not sure why you find this so ridiculous? My spreadsheet takes care of that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I think this probably comes from so much sportsbetting. "Unlikely but possible" applies equally well to something that is paying 35:1 as something that is paying 60:1, but "2%" doesn't. The difference between 2% and 4% is huge at that sort of margin, and I'm not really sure if I trained my brain to think numerically, or if thinking numerically made me choose the line of work I did. Maybe digging through my old posts would reveal that, but considering I cbf I suspect no-one else can either. :laugh:

trundler

I think this probably comes from so much sportsbetting. "Unlikely but possible" applies equally well to something that is paying 35:1 as something that is paying 60:1, but "2%" doesn't. The difference between 2% and 4% is huge at that sort of margin, and I'm not really sure if I trained my brain to think numerically, or if thinking numerically made me choose the line of work I did. Maybe digging through my old posts would reveal that, but considering I cbf I suspect no-one else can either. :laugh:
Haha, look at PEWS trying to put people off digging his old posts.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So when the thread was opened I didn't like the title or the subject. If it was "Which cricketer secretly is Stephen?" It would have been ok. "Which cricketer are secretly forum posters" with someone having a jab at me would have been fine, if not encouraged.

But it wasn't. It was about my identity and in a way that looked a bit creepy.

The contents of the thread was ok until the creepy picture came out.

Spark has apologised on behalf of the mods privately and I consider the matter closed. I don't think there was any ill intent and when the thread did derail it felt like a joke gone to far.

Anyway the thread is closed now, and as far as I'm concerned, so is the case.