• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Garry v Sachin

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry Spark. Just will have to agree to disagree. Football/Boxing hasn't changed much but cricket is so much more technical now.

Going back to that heavy/light bat. Well our coach makes us fasties use a heavy ball, saying when we play with a normal one it will be easier. Jimmy does it too. I'm sure the same applies to bats with some practice.
You've never played cricket, have you son? Honestly. Just admit it. You haven't.

This is terrible posting. It's the seventh stage of Dante's Hell of posting, it's so, so bad.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni 183 dominating you all here by getting you guys to respond. You guys are getting smashed.
Just the usual pre WC troll influx from the usual suspects. I'm getting my licks in now before I take off for a week's break. Will be too relaxed to bother once I'm back.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah you are West Indies and Dhoni 183 is AB de Villiers. He is bopping you for six every ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dhoni 183 dominating you all here by getting you guys to respond. You guys are getting smashed.
Yeah he did get me here. I've avoided replying to him seriously in every thread so far, but he's got me here. My opposition to the skill absolutist argument he's pretending to support is so strong that I put it in my sig though; I couldn't resist chiming in.

Last edited:

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You've never played cricket, have you son? Honestly. Just admit it. You haven't.

This is terrible posting. It's the seventh stage of Dante's Hell of posting, it's so, so bad.
Yes I lied about playing club cricket - you see it's so hard to play club cricket, that it was worth lying about to a nobody on the internet. I bowl 75-80 mph club level.

No i'm not really going to read up on old discussions. I've said my point. That's it. Time to move on. As said to spark, agree to disagree. I'll leave the thread to you guys to keep praising the Don.

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
No you don't. You would be in the Indian side for pace alone if you did.
I've been timed. No cause I don't swing it and it's barely medium at international level. Also can't field well. Different pedigree. I may be quick here but I joke with the lads - I'm probably as quick as colly max.

Oh and I only have a British passport, could only play for England.

cnerd123

likes this
How lovely that the non-Indians of CW now have to put up with the kind of fans us Indians grew up with.

Can we plz not devolve this thread into Sachin vs Bradman and dIg up an older thread we can all use to tear into Dhoni_183?

smash84

The Tiger King
We all love our heroes I guess.
kyear2, I can picture you sitting behind your keyboard thinking to yourself "I somewhat agree with this Dhoni 183 guy." Weren't your arguments in the last Bradman sucks big time compared to people debuting in the 1950s thread somewhat similar?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
No.

I don't believe he would have averaged 100, but I also belive he was still head and shoulders above the others of his era and likely would have been in any era.

He is undisputed the greatest batsman to ever play the game.

When I made that statement I was actually just referencing his over zealous loyalty to Sachin with respect to the previous post and actually thought of you as I was posting.

smash84

The Tiger King
No.

I don't believe he would have averaged 100, but I also belive he was still head and shoulders above the others of his era and likely would have been in any era.

Imagine what Bradman would have done to the Bangers, West Indies, and Zimbabwe of this era.

Kirkut

International Regular
While we debate as to who is the greatest batsman, Tendulkar back at his home must be experimenting sea food cooking to discover the big foodie in him.

Seriously, if Sachin doesn't care about him being the greatest or not, why should the fans worry about it?