• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should we be patient with Michael Beer?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
One thing to remember is that in the year before he got his Test debut, Doherty had performed very well in the Shield, and had been the best OD spinner in the country for a while. With the pushing from Punter (most probably), selectors possibly felt that they finally had a spinner knocking the door down, when really it just turned out to be a stray Jehovah's Witness.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, it's incredible how much Hauritz seems to be persona non grata with the Aussie set-up right now. He's been in the press a few times complaining about lack of communication, even his Dad has been quoted. He's been shunned, it would seem.

The blame falls squarely on GChappell. Well, being a bit facetious but ignoring the solid, unglamorous type is his MO.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So Greg Chappel is up to his usual course of functioning it seems.

Ruining one national team at a time.:p

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pfft, you talk as if India was the first. Has been poison for just about every team he's ever been associated with as a player, captain or coach.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Might unite Pakistan in distaste for Chappell.

EDIT: could do the improbable and create long term peace and harmony between India and Pakistan, as they battle their common enemy.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Kreja and hauritz for me.
Hauritz was ridiculously dropped for poor performance in a two test series,that too against india in india and add to that poor captaincy from ponting.
Kreja was mysteriously discontinued after performing well against us,he sometimes did look threatening.

I would stick to these 2 for longer periods,they won't be warne but will evolve into good containment bowlers who can also chip away a couple of wickets every innings.

Debris

International 12th Man
The idea of picking a spinner just to be containing is un-Australian and should be left to the English. :@

TumTum

Banned
I would stick to these 2 for longer periods,they won't be warne but will evolve into good containment bowlers who can also chip away a couple of wickets every innings.
First of all Hauritz is already a containment bowler (and not a very good one) and Krezja will never be one, he has had plenty of time to develop his game.

Krezja won't be a containing bowler.
Should have refreshed before making that post, lol.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Not unless he plays on dustbowls as I said because he builds no pressure. He can't bowl to a plan effectively and makes it way too difficult for captains to setgood aggressive fields for him. Batsman can just see off the good ones and cash in on the bad ones.

Hauritz is a much better spinner. Keeps it tight (except against Sachin Tendulkar, I guess), bowls a beautiful line to RHs (better than Swann, I might add) and gets plenty of work on the ball anyway.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not unless he plays on dustbowls as I said because he builds no pressure. He can't bowl to a plan effectively and makes it way too difficult for captains to setgood aggressive fields for him. Batsman can just see off the good ones and cash in on the bad ones.

Hauritz is a much better spinner. Keeps it tight (except against Sachin Tendulkar, I guess), bowls a beautiful line to RHs (better than Swann, I might add) and gets plenty of work on the ball anyway.
Krezja is another one they've handled weirdly, takes 12 wickets on debut, gets dropped for the NZ series for Hauritz, comes back for a Test against South Africa then gets dropped again.

Spark

Global Moderator
That was injuries though. What happened was he played in India, got injured, played in Perth (bowled like drain), got injured, got replaced by Hauritz who then made way for McDonald who then made way for Hauritz again who then did pretty well in the 3 Ashes tests he played.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That was injuries though. What happened was he played in India, got injured, played in Perth (bowled like drain), got injured, got replaced by Hauritz who then made way for McDonald who then made way for Hauritz again who then did pretty well in the 3 Ashes tests he played.
Makes more sense, thought Krezja had just randomly been binned because Australia were refusing to select the same spinner for 2 series in a row.