• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Ponting be banned from cricket for using the illegal bat?

Should Ponting banned from cricket for using the illegal bat?

• Total voters

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
I think he should be banned from cricket for 2 years 'coz he is using a illegal bat from the last 1 year to score runs.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ban him, ban Mcgrath too for being a miserable git, and Warne for sleeping with more women then me.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I voted yes, but I don't think a 2 year ban is enough really. I think he should recieve a lifetime ban, and a two year jail sentence.

Seriously though, the bat was legal when he used it. It was not different from any other bat in any significant way.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FaaipDeOiad said:
I voted yes, but I don't think a 2 year ban is enough really. I think he should recieve a lifetime ban, and a two year jail sentence.

Seriously though, the bat was legal when he used it. It was not different from any other bat in any significant way.
I suggest a beating with the graphite bat. That'd be ironic, what with the bat being illegal and all

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
dontcloseyoureyes said:
If you're English you'd probably want this to go ahead.
I think we've done okay against him over the years really, he's not scored mountains.

Anyway this is nonsense.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:

Why stop there? Hanging, drawing and quartering is much underused nowadays for mine.