• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Ponting be banned from cricket for using the illegal bat?

Should Ponting banned from cricket for using the illegal bat?

• Total voters

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think he should be banned, but it sure would be funny. Would also give Gilly a chance to captain Australia again.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I hope the powers that be are taking note.

A two year ban is about right, but if the ICC want to make their usual fudge job, I think the public could just about tolerate a 5 test ban.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Three really so that he can't play in the next Ashes either. Then there can be huge debates if it benefited England or actually benefited Australia as Ponting didn't captain the side.

*runs away*

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pratyush said:
Three really so that he can't play in the next Ashes either. Then there can be huge debates if it benefited England or actually benefited Australia as Ponting didn't captain the side.
I wonder, he only averages 58+ per innings.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
OMG so he uses an illegal bat OMG .....looks like his reputation is tumbling down these days.....but i still cant believe this.......he doesn't deserve to be called a great....even i can score many runs with an illegal bat......omg he shudn't be banned....insead they should force him to use a 2 inch bat so that his average falls and all his stats are ruined.

R_D

International Debutant
lol hope ICC is taking note... 22-9 in favour of Ponting getting banned.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
They gave that one to Sehwag, and he still can't score any in the second innings.
Another negative comment against India and it's players by SS 8-) its getting all to predictable.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:
Another negative comment against India and it's players by SS 8-) its getting all to predictable.

They gave that one to Afridi, and he still can't score any when the ball is moving sideways.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Turbinator said:
But the continuous Ponting-bashing (among other players) on CW is fine? :p

Just to be fair, why not ban the likes of Mike Hussey, Kumar Sangakkara, a few South Africans and New Zealanders for using carbon backed Kookaburra bats like Ponting's? Yet the bats were legal according to the Laws of Cricket until the MCC took issue with it, upon which all international players stopped using it. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of another Ponting-bashing thread. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jnr. said:
But the continuous Ponting-bashing (among other players) on CW is fine? :p

Just to be fair, why not ban the likes of Mike Hussey, Kumar Sangakkara, a few South Africans and New Zealanders for using carbon backed Kookaburra bats like Ponting's? Yet the bats were legal according to the Laws of Cricket until the MCC took issue with it, upon which all international players stopped using it. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of another Ponting-bashing thread. :p
Obviously no one is serious in this thread.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Jono said:
Obviously no one is serious in this thread.
Yes, that's obvious. Just guarding against the odd uneducated poster regarding the illegal bats.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
oh dear. sorry pietersonrocks but no one is ever going to be able to take u seriously now
We were supposed to take him seriously before? :ph34r: