• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shootout in Lahore

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not sure whether BCCI would pass the test either........ only thing they are good at it is... how to collect the money.

No surprise at comments from Pakistan.. usual denial. Difference between India accusing Pakistan was.. they caught a terrorist who arrived from there... Here we have top people just saying that just for the hell of it.
I have to admit - Lalit Modi has done a lot of things right. His job is to ensure the success of cricket and cricketers in India. He has done that - the players get paid a lot more, the game has a much higher profile, and the contracts he negotiated are much better than his predecessors.

Say what you want about him (and you can say a lot), but he has done right by a lot of cricketers. Could a non-corrupt guy have done more? Yea, but in India, you take what you can get - and he is better than Dalmiya.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz you are just a troll who is looking at opportunities at starting India- Pakistan debates and spoils the atmosphere of these forums.. I have stated previously that I don't want to get engaged in another India-Pakistan pissing contests as it leads to pointless debates and mud slinging.
Like I have any respect for Wahabis and their opinions.8-)

If India is being treated as one the suspects in the investigations so what harm in that? given the history of India-Pakistan relations there is a possibility no matter how unlikely.
There is nothing wrong, IMO. But again you are the one who was shouting your lungs out when the same thing was done in Mumbai and guess what it was proved right.

jeevan

International 12th Man
If you want to have a good laugh chk out Zaid Hamid on you tube .... he is a Pak analyst, who mixes religion with Politics
Too much to call Zaid Hamid an analyst (though he calls himself that). He's just a clever madarasa school teacher who went to college and learnt English.

Making up terms like Hindu Zionists just goes to show that you have no idea whatsoever of what you speak.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Not sure whether BCCI would pass the test either........ only thing they are good at it is... how to collect the money.

No surprise at comments from Pakistan.. usual denial. Difference between India accusing Pakistan was.. they caught a terrorist who arrived from there... Here we have top people just saying that just for the hell of it.
BCCI was also sort of a role model for patterning all aspects of Indo-Pakistani relations. And given that they had stewardship of such a popular sport in India, was actually a big positive influence (whatever be their motives) in subcontinental relations.

This is probably one of the tragic aftermaths of 11/26 and this particular attack pretty much precludes any chance of cricket diplomacy.

(I for one, believe LeT and their masters know exactly what they are doing. A few months ago their very raison d'etre was in question. What with Zardari making peaceful overtures, with public opinion behind it, and the Kashmiris not really wanting to be their human shields, as evidenced in the elections there. )

haroon510

International 12th Man
i can't understand why people are geting mad here on poor Xuhaib..i mean it doesn't mater if india or afghanistan or even Sri Lanka is considered a suspect.. what maters is if it is proven.. if pakistani officials can't prove it.. their alegations doesn't mater..let them say it.. they are just hurting the cause.. they aren't hurting other governments..

Plus he was just reporting on what pakistani media/officials is saying..

haroon510

International 12th Man
i missed afew posts here.. i can't go back and reply to all of them.. but for some people who are sharing videos from youtube..specially Sanz.. whatever u r sharing from youtube is just another conspiring theory and after every big incident such as lahore attack..there are conspiracy and theories such as this.. hell even here in U.S there were theories such as this after 9/11 accusing Bush or even American government for september 11 attacks.. so i don't see any reason why you people get mad or upset at such theories when they are far from proven right or wrong..

Evermind

International Debutant
i missed afew posts here.. i can't go back and reply to all of them.. but for some people who are sharing videos from youtube..specially Sanz.. whatever u r sharing from youtube is just another conspiring theory and after every big incident such as lahore attack..there are conspiracy and theories such as this.. hell even here in U.S there were theories such as this after 9/11 accusing Bush or even American government for september 11 attacks.. so i don't see any reason why you people get mad or upset at such theories when they are far from proven right or wrong..
The reason it's scary is because the man on the street is going to watch dangerous ****tards like Zaid Hamid on the TV and believe the garbage he spouts and it's only going to increase the acrimony towards India baselessly.

haroon510

International 12th Man
The reason it's scary is because the man on the street is going to watch dangerous ****tards like Zaid Hamid on the TV and believe the garbage he spouts and it's only going to increase the acrimony towards India baselessly.
So what.. do u think that the opinion of those people maters to Pakistani officials and government.. I don't think so.. and same goes with Indian government and officials.. they don't listen to ordinary citizens like these men in the street..

jeevan

International 12th Man
Interesting theory from Martin Crowe.

"Is it possible these skilled terrorists deliberately attacked a cricket team for global impact but deliberately didn't kill any of that team or officials because they thought that would be wrong?

Weren't the terrorists seen wandering away in a relaxed manner and therefore saw the mission as a success?"

It really answers something that has been puzzling me greatly. The number of attackers is placed between six and twelve and they were at fairly close quarters and seems like all had assault rifles. They players bus was in the field of fire for about 90 seconds (from more than one account). And yet the SL player bus had only ~ 25 bullet holes.

When you think of the rate of fire on those puppies, ie more than enough time to empty a whole magazine each. And the almost complete element of surprise at the begining, the relatively small number of bullet holes simply does not add up.

I can accept that perhaps hitting players might have needed skill and luck on the part of the shooters. But a frickin bus at ~ 100-200 yards!! (insert tasteless Boycott's mum could do it joke). Then add an RPG also missing a bus-sized target in front of you. And people lobbing grenades but not causing damage. Isn't this James Bond movie type of too good to be true? Surely terrorists are not this incompetent.

I go with Martin Crowe on this one. The terrorists fully knew what they were doing.(And their masters too.)

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah that actually makes sense....may have been meant as a warning to pakistan not to try and suppress fundamentalist elements in their society...if it is true, it is still appalling that they thought sacrificing the lives of their own countrymen(security personnel) of no consequence and they cut it rather fine with the players' lives as well...but then terrorism and morality don't exactly go together anyway...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting theory from Martin Crowe.

"Is it possible these skilled terrorists deliberately attacked a cricket team for global impact but deliberately didn't kill any of that team or officials because they thought that would be wrong?

Weren't the terrorists seen wandering away in a relaxed manner and therefore saw the mission as a success?"

It really answers something that has been puzzling me greatly. The number of attackers is placed between six and twelve and they were at fairly close quarters and seems like all had assault rifles. They players bus was in the field of fire for about 90 seconds (from more than one account). And yet the SL player bus had only ~ 25 bullet holes.

When you think of the rate of fire on those puppies, ie more than enough time to empty a whole magazine each. And the almost complete element of surprise at the begining, the relatively small number of bullet holes simply does not add up.

I can accept that perhaps hitting players might have needed skill and luck on the part of the shooters. But a frickin bus at ~ 100-200 yards!! (insert tasteless Boycott's mum could do it joke). Then add an RPG also missing a bus-sized target in front of you. And people lobbing grenades but not causing damage. Isn't this James Bond movie type of too good to be true? Surely terrorists are not this incompetent.

I go with Martin Crowe on this one. The terrorists fully knew what they were doing.(And their masters too.)
Tharanga was hit in the chest by a bullet but it somehow didn't penetrate his sternum. If they meant not to kill anyone they either have a ridiculously top-notch aim or got extremely lucky.